PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of the Agent Orange

dougb
06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I bought a used AO from RRay about a month ago (great transaction - thanks!) and just now got to use it yesterday. All I can say about this ball is WOW.

I originally bought it for the PBA Experience League this summer. My shop plugged and redrilled it to be more aggressive then took it back to OOB. I'm not the best at these kinds of details, but RRay had the pin at about 1 o'clock and to the right of ring finger. My shop put the pin above and to the right of ring finger at about 11 o'clock. (If anybody who can explain the difference in drillings, I'd appreciate it).

Unfortunately, I couldn't join the PBAX league because of schedule conflicts, and I see nowhere near enough oil in my regular league for this beast. I played around with it a few times but had to put it in the closet for a future date.

After reading some threads on the ball and talking to folks, I decided to give it a try at 2000 abralon + polish. So yesterday I threw it for the first time on a very broken down house shot (light oil) and the ball was amazing!

I was standing on the 26 and throwing it out to the 13. The ball went long and then made a very smooth and predictable move to the pocket at the breakpoint. Not skid/snap, but a great arc. Even when I pulled the shot it still held the line. Pocket, brooklyn, or even headpin - strike!

I'm not a Lane #1 buff, but I'm starting to believe these balls have better carry than other equipment. I am a medium revs/speed stroker, so I count more on accuracy and don't get the explosive carry that crankers get. But when the AO hit, the pins were flying everywhere. I saw messengers for the first time.

The ball at this surface has a very similar look and feel to the Buzzbomb/R, which I got to try once. The good news is, I can take it back to OOB and have an Agent Orange for heavy oil when I'm ready. Plus I have to admit, the ball just looks pretty with the polish as it rolls down the lane.

I am getting tempted to dump my other equipment and go exclusively Lane #1. I think a polished Dynamo, the AO at this finish, and my Bullet would cover just about any lane conditions I see.

Thanks again RRay, Triggerman, RSalas, Hambone, and the others who offered me advice on this ball. I'll post a full review after I've had a chance to play around with it some more.

Here's the ball with the RRay's drilling (you can see the plug on the thumb and middle finger, shop kept the ring finger hole): http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Bq97Hj_MgSI-3l5r8rLw7A?authkey=Gv1sRgCNua_9aBpYzNJA&feat=directlink

Here's the new layout: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/m07EIjHWDpJTuOIYSKi6Hg?authkey=Gv1sRgCNua_9aBpYzNJ A&feat=directlink

And here's another pic just to show how pretty it is polished: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nVr8vTXQ3FRtl6HLoCDRhw?authkey=Gv1sRgCNua_9aBpYzNJ A&feat=directlink

djbigsmooth
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Pin over, cg out drilling.............strong, and hard hitting. Looks like you have some polish on the ao, should give you some snap on the backend, especially on a house shot.