PDA

View Full Version : Storm Natural?

yeehayashi
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Folks, I've heard that Storm is going to release a new ball called the Natural. My understanding is that they are going retro and the coverstock will be old-fashioned urethane, not reactive. I have a couple questions:

1. what type of bowler benefits from this kind of ball and
2. are there specific lane conditions where a urethane ball would be a good choice in the arsenal

JaxBowlingGuy
06-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Storm is releasing the Natural for when the lanes dry up or break down. the urathane cover with turbine weight block (same as the fast, furious, and street rods) will give the ball a mild reaction and keep it controlable on your dry shots. Storm in the past has kind of missed the mark a litte on their dry lane equipment and focused on producing the best high performance possible. Take me for example.. 450+ revs, the tropical storm is usually way too much ball for the dry shots.. I am very excited about this release and will have mine ordered and shipped with my Virtual Energy as they are scheduled to release the same day.... also be on the look out for the Reign in august to replace the Rapid Fires in m opinion.

JaxBowlingGuy
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
now to actually answer your questions... i have realized that urathane balls tend to work very well on wood lanes... as well as any drier shot... i personally wouldnt suggest takin it and trying to shot the shark pattern or anything..lol but it should help anyone when the lanes sry up or break down like in late squads of tournaments..

yeehayashi
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks SB13. That helps a lot. I could've really used something like the Natural at local & state tournaments here last season. Both houses during the state tourney were on wood lanes and all my stuff was basically too much ball for those lanes. The house I bowl at regularly tends to get bone dry by the last game in a league series & it sounds like this ball would fit in nicely in my bag.

The Reign series sounds interesting. I have a Rapid Fire solid which rolls real well for me. I'll use it to basically get a read on the lanes to get lined up.

JaxBowlingGuy
06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
i had a rapid fire solid as well... but sold it less than a month of getting it... i couldnt find any consistant line with it.. which is sad bc i really love the weight block in that ball.. but it seems to work well for most.. the Reign should be interesting though....

From what you described the Natural sounds like it would be a nice match for you.