PDA

View Full Version : What is your "Home House"?

Jamski
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
The place where you bowl, above all others? Why?

For me it is Thunder Alley, in Dickson, Tennessee, because it's pretty much in my backyard. It's located in what used to be a Wal-Mart (no, really!) and has billiards, batting cages, mini-golf, and an arcade for the kids, a sports bar for the adults, and 24 nicely maintained lanes for the bowlers. They have a great, friendly staff too.

Second favorite: Bowl-Arena in Griffith, Indiana, the alley I first bowled at. Still has the old school above-the-surface ball returns...and 8 lanes make it an intimate experience! If you come early enough, chances are your party could take the place over, but I remember bowling my first league games here in the early 70s...sigh :o

branstew
06-10-2009, 02:23 AM
My main bowl is the "Cotswold bowl" here in Cheltenham UK.

NoTapNorm
06-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Currently its Cliffhangers Entertainment Center in Fairborn OH. Very close to home, and the staff there is great.
When I lived in Cincinnati area, I was at Gilmore Lanes in Fairfield all the time (maybe because I worked there?), and growing up it was Brentwood Bowl in Finneytown.

kev3inp
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
We bowl at a place called Strikers in Sunrise, FL. (I know, what an original name.) We go there rather than the 3 other centers that are closer because they are, or were, the only one that had a Sunday evening league. At least the bar is open. ;)

Hammerguy529
06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Ama Lanes in Kenner, LA....Its the closest place to me and the proshop treats me very well....