PDA

View Full Version : Good morning from Illinois!

Unhomed
06-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Hello, my name is Rik.

I began bowling when I was very young (which I am not now) and was in leagues till my early 20's. I kinda faded out when I picked up an extra job or two on the side and went 20 years or so bowling (perhaps) twice a year. Long ago I picked up an original Ebonite USA Skull bowlingball and for the most part used that.

Got into bowling again at the urging of my girlfriend, and now league bowl, and I can't say I have ever had a consistantly better time. I figured it was time to consider a better ball. Did a lot of research which had some unfortunate side effects. I had settled on a Black Widow Pearl. Actually orderd one. Ran into a slew of negative comments (cracking, defects etc) on a site,and also at the pro shop I visit, that made me second guess myself at spending the $$ and I cancelled the order. Someone had it in for Hammer, I think, and made multiple and (and now I believe largely unfounded) complaints. But it was enough to shake my confidence in the product. I ended up going with the Visionary New Breed, and (fortunately!) couldn't be happier with it. It immediately improved my game once I adjusted to the fact of having a ball that actually hooks more than 3" when I throw it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

branstew
06-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello and welcome and its good that your back to bowling

dpmusic70
06-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Rik. Welcome to the site. Hope you have lots of fun on here.

Jord_84
06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Greetings from a fellow Illinoisan. I'm also near the Chicago area.
This is a great, informative site with nice people to boot.
Hope you enjoy it here!

bball
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Hello and welcome aboard - Rik. Enjoy. I was born in Chicago quite a few years ago.

kev3inp
06-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Could this be the start of an Illinois revolution? I, too, was born there and lived in our around its environs for a major part of my life. But I actually lived in the city. Welcome aboard, and glad you're back bowling.

NoTapNorm
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Welcome Rik!
More from Illinois???? First the White House and now this site....sigh....

anyway-welcome and enjoy the site! Dont forget to enter the drawing for the Virtual Energy!

mrbill
06-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the boards.
I have found lots of great people here that love bowling and have loads of info.
You will like it here;):)

kev3inp
06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Welcome Rik!
More from Illinois???? First the White House and now this site....sigh....

anyway-welcome and enjoy the site! Dont forget to enter the drawing for the Virtual Energy!

Hey, you changed your name! And did you get a haircut, too? ;)