PDA

View Full Version : BowlingBoards.com Needs your input

The KingPin
06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Hello everyone,

We are going to be making a lot of changes in the next month.

But we need your help.

We are going to make categories for bowlers.

For an example, we need 10 names for a bowler of bowling related

In a beginning to master level for people here, please add some names. Now you do not need 10 names, yet every one adds up and we will compile a list.

So in summary these titles will be a bowlingboards.com members status.

So some words are:

Bowler
Ringer
Sandbagger
Cranker
messenger
bowling god
bowling guru

These are a few ideas. So any more is appreciated.

Chris

Strike Domination
06-12-2009, 02:23 AM
High Roller
All-Star
Touring Pro
Advanced Bowler

That's all I've got.

NoTapNorm
06-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Stroker
Amateur
Gutter Rat
Glow Bowler

The KingPin
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Great thoughts. Keep them coming

mrbill
06-12-2009, 10:41 AM
(Not in any order)

1. Godlike
2. Pin Prince
3. Dump Truck
4. Apple Chucker
5. Axe thrower
6. Big Boomer
7. Jersey Jones
8. Pin Boy
9. Pin Setter
10. Bird Dog
11. Little Boomer ( is what I was called back in the day):)

tbrownie
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Pin Crusher, Rack Pounder, Perfector

The KingPin
06-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Ok so now lets break this down with what we have into some sort of order from lowest to highest ranks

Graaille
06-20-2009, 04:40 PM
This suggested list will be assuming this is based on # of posts, and not Reputation. If reputation system is in place, I'd make some changes......

1 Amateur
2 Pin Boy
3 Glow Bowler/Cosmic Bowler
4 Bowler
5 Gutter Rat
6 Apple Chucker
7 Stroker
8 Little Boomer
9 Tweener
10 Big Boomer
11 Cranker
12 House Hack
13 Axe Thrower
14 Brooklyn Bomber
15 Jersey Jones
16 Sandbagger
17 Ringer
18 Advanced Bowler
19 Pin Crusher
20 Rack Pounder
21 Pin Prince
22 High Roller
23 All-Star
24 Bowling God
25 Bowling Guru
26 Touring Pro
27 Hall o' Famer

The KingPin
06-20-2009, 11:46 PM
And that is what we are going to do is a post rank.

Unhomed
06-24-2009, 07:28 AM
If reputation system is in place,

These are nothing but a headache and cause hurt feelings and endless complaints of how unfair this and that is.

No one mentioned Cosmic bowler?

The KingPin
06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
These are nothing but a headache and cause hurt feelings and endless complaints of how unfair this and that is.

No one mentioned Cosmic bowler?

Hello and thank you for your comments.

Really if you look at the phrases, many of them are uplifting and a goal to shoot forward.

Reputation is in place to help confirm that your getting information from a reliable source.

Could you clarify what you mean?

Thanks

Chris

JaxBowlingGuy
06-24-2009, 09:16 AM
anchor

Graaille
06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Reputation is in place to help confirm that your getting information from a reliable source.

Thanks

Chris

My suspicion about what he means is that reputation system on some forums turns out to be a glorified popularity contest, where some people look on it as everything they say should require several hits of positive reputation, and if someone doesn't agree with something that's been said, can tank their reputation as well. Only way I've seen it work in a way that seems logical is where only admins can assign reputation based on nominations (i.e. hitting the 'give reputation' button on the post itself) That way it's policed better, albeit a bigger p.i.t.a. for admins.

The emphasis that reputation is there to confirm that info is coming from a reliable source is why I made the original caveat in my posting -- I'd be adjusting some of the suggestions between 'posting titles' which are more performance oriented, and 'reputation titles' that are more . . . . coaching oriented.

The KingPin
06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
My suspicion about what he means is that reputation system on some forums turns out to be a glorified popularity contest, where some people look on it as everything they say should require several hits of positive reputation, and if someone doesn't agree with something that's been said, can tank their reputation as well. Only way I've seen it work in a way that seems logical is where only admins can assign reputation based on nominations (i.e. hitting the 'give reputation' button on the post itself) That way it's policed better, albeit a bigger p.i.t.a. for admins.

The emphasis that reputation is there to confirm that info is coming from a reliable source is why I made the original caveat in my posting -- I'd be adjusting some of the suggestions between 'posting titles' which are more performance oriented, and 'reputation titles' that are more . . . . coaching oriented.

Exactly great thoughts.

The KingPin
06-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Ok so now we need to get down to 10 ranks.

we can start with

What is Bowling?
Turkey

or what ever and start adding to the list

We are going to be breaking everyone up into categories based on post count. But we need some ransk first

Chris

Unhomed
06-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Hello and thank you for your comments.

Really if you look at the phrases, many of them are uplifting and a goal to shoot forward.

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris.

I belong to IMBOC (essentially it the Bullitt Mustang Club) and the reputation 'score' has been nothing but a contoversy and it ended up being removed and put on hold indefinitely. I've seen nice guys trashed because they have an unpopular viewpoint and jerks celebrated because it's cool to have an 'attitude'. IMHO, listing reputation, however well intentioned, has limited benifits and potential for great harm. Thanks for listening!

My .02, and I'm sticking with it :p.

Rik