PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over-part2

NoTapNorm
06-27-2009, 08:22 AM
This past Monday (6/22), my suspicion was confirmed. The center where I've bowled the last 18 months closed. Multiple building mechanical and structural problems were the demise. The manager/pro shop/master driller is moving back to Florida. He's drilled all my equipment (4) since I started back after a 10+ year layoff.
Since the summer leagues were suspended and eventually cancelled 2 weeks ago, I started making the rounds to local houses and practicing. I'm fortunate there are about 10-12 houses within a 20 mile radius. I've got about 3-4 more I want to go to before deciding which 2 houses The bigger problem of being 'orphaned' is that I dont know where to go for drilling now. I had a really good rapport with Chuck and now he's moving.

I moved to the greater Dayton area about 10 years ago from Cincinnati. I've met some good bowlers here, and I'm going to have to rely on their recommendations and hopefully find a new driller. I'm a little anxious about the whole changing thing. Drives my wife nuts....