PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined the ABT Orlando

mrbill
06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I just Bowled In my First Turney in the Amateur Bowlers Tour
Orlando Branch Kissimmee Amf Lanes.
Wow I learned ALOT...
I had a 53 hdcp and I bowled a 182 a 182 and a 154, I found out that the math was done like this, they take your score + your Hndycap and then they count the points + or - over or under 200

I got a + 35 then + 70 and a +77 Now I thought I was doing OK and Maybe I would get colse to the cut, only like 43 players got in on this turney.

How wrong I was to find out the cut was from like +135 on up to + 187

I was like WoW how manny Points over there AVG are they bowling to get those kind of Points?
When I bowled I was getting Like 20 pins a game on my first 2 games over Avg so I thought 1 bad game stoped me, but it seems I need to bowl Like 190's or all 200's to make the cuts.
I know I can Do better so I'll be posting good or bad :p
Any tips or tricks anyone can tell me would be great:)

manningm
06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Mr. Bill,

Congrats competing in your first ABT tournament. Now you'll know what to expect the next time out. I am sure you will be better prepared the next time out. How often are the tournaments run?

Mike Manning

mrbill
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Mr. Bill,

Congrats competing in your first ABT tournament. Now you'll know what to expect the next time out. I am sure you will be better prepared the next time out. How often are the tournaments run?

Mike Manning

Thanks manningm,I will be hehe;) The touraments run every week all over central fl.
The next one is
$48 Entry fee
Handicap 80% of 225

JULY 4-5,2009
AMF CASSELBERRY
115 WILSHIRE
FERN PARK FL 32730
407-831-7171

Dennis
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi there,

I bowl and help run the ABT tourneys here in Michigan. Usually if the tourneys are run on normal house shots, the cut scores will be pretty high. I'm not sure if the FL branch is using a combination division, but in a number of cases the former masters (those with averages of 200+) will do extremely well.

Also keep in mind that as you continue to bowl, your average will change. By that I mean if after 3 tourneys you dont cash, you start getting bonus pins. Then you should also be looked at after 21 games. No matter what though, keep you chin up. Not every house you go into is going to be the "great wall of china" for a shot.

JaxBowlingGuy
10-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Hi there,

I bowl and help run the ABT tourneys here in Michigan. Usually if the tourneys are run on normal house shots, the cut scores will be pretty high. I'm not sure if the FL branch is using a combination division, but in a number of cases the former masters (those with averages of 200+) will do extremely well.

Also keep in mind that as you continue to bowl, your average will change. By that I mean if after 3 tourneys you dont cash, you start getting bonus pins. Then you should also be looked at after 21 games. No matter what though, keep you chin up. Not every house you go into is going to be the "great wall of china" for a shot.

They run modified house to sport patterns down here in FL.. The one and only i shot in was on the Chameleon.. They do have the 2 different divisions.. I dont think I will be returning to the ABT tournaments as the pay really isnt worth my travel..

Stormed1
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Here in the Chicago area a CClassic division win with bonus bucks is about $2500.00

Dennis
10-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Keep in mind that in the smaller divisions, the prize fund is based totally on entries. There used to be a day when 1st place was assured of at least $500.00. With the changing economy, things have changed.

JaxBowlingGuy
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
well 1st is 500 gurantee.. but i live 2 hrs away from the closest ABT branch and its just not really worth it.. plus from what i hear the entries are getting smaller weekly..