PDA

View Full Version : Now it's a waiting game

Seamistlark
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Last week I was working on one of our jobsites, the crew was short handed so I pitched in. As I was carrying a bag of concrete to the wheelbarrel I stepped down and tripped. I landed on the ground and in the process I twisted my knee and ankle. Being the stubborn Pollock that I am I worked the rest of the day and went home when we finished. I did call the office and let one of the VPs know. the next morning I got up and had a hard time putting weight on it, so I called in and said I was going to have it looked at by a Dr.
After 3 sets of X-rays and two Dr.s looking at and all the pulling and twisting of my knee the doctors can not agree on what is wrong. One says it is just a bad sprain and will take a few weeks to heal. The other doctor says I may need surgery for possible torn cart. He will not comit until after next Monday when I go for an MRI.
I am suppose to go to Summer Camp with my Boy Scout Troop on the 12th of July. This is the first year both my sons will be going and I want to be there, but the camp is not really crutch freindly. I was also going to bowl this week with the guys from work to try and put a team together for the Fall. Guess that is not happening.
Well I hope everyboby else is having a great summer!

kev3inp
07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, it doesn't seem to be starting off well for you. Are you implying that you're of Polish descent? While I'm not sure of the spelling I have to say "zhin dobre." I went to high school in Chicago with quite a few 1st generation Americans.

Seamistlark
07-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Good Day to you as well. Yes, I grew up north of Boston in the Polish section of Lynn, Ma. My dad's mother was 2nd generation and spoke it when the time was right.(Usually to yell at me and my cousins) I know enough Polish to greet somebody and to ask to be excused. My great grandmother was around for a short time and we had to be polite towards her. She spoke limited English.
I envy you for growing up in Chicago. That is one of the great Polish communities. The food must have been awesome.

mike121
07-14-2009, 06:12 AM
who is all waiting until enough time has passed to take a test. When can you test? I think I am going to test on the 23, as it is our first month wedding aniversary, but the waiting game sucks.

Seamistlark
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Got the release from the doctor to bowl on Thursday. I went on Saturday morning with one of my Wednesday night Team members and bowled 4 games. The first I was just throwing hard, to see how the knee felt and it was doing okay, 175. the next tree games I went 199, 223, 201. I started to feel it throb a little half way trough the last game so I let up on my push to the line. I woke up Sunday morning and it was still a little tight, but it felt better as the day went on. I will be bowling every Saturday till League starts from this point out.

mrbill
07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Good to hear your doing better.
Nice scores too, I want to see when your 100%;)

branstew
07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Glad your on the mend and I can not wait to see your scores when your fit