PDA

View Full Version : need opinions

hamma
07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Ive been bowling for around 3 years with the power groove reactive, and I wanna step up in my game. And i was looking along the black widow line. and found 2 balls i really liked.
The black widow pearl and the black widow venom.

Now I am a bowler with not a lot of rev's or (natural spin) going from the info I have given you whats the better ball for me?

mrbill
07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
My son is waiting for the Black widow Sting commin out this month.
A pro shop I go to Has a program, $10 to drill and $10 to throw the sting all day.
And any $ you use gois into the ball if you wanna buy it after testing:)

manningm
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Hamma,

Have you checked out the "Hammer" website. They put out some very good equipment. My suggestion would be to use two different bowling balls with different coverstocks to manage the particular oil pattern (heavy oil or medium oil) you are bowling on.Just my opinion!

Mike Manning

JaxBowlingGuy
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
mr bill... what if you dont buy it??? the proshop then just has abrand new drilled ball??? lol

mrbill
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
mr bill... what if you dont buy it??? the proshop then just has abrand new drilled ball??? lol

I think its a Hammer Promotion and there giving certain pro shops a # of balls to test from what I understood.

kev3inp
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
The way it usually works is if you don't want it rather than giving cash back you get a credit. At least around here, anyway.

Hamma, what attracted you about those two balls? Do they seem to be a fit for the conditions you are bowling on, or come recommended for your style of bowler? What are you looking for in a ball? Skid/flip or continuous arc? Early, mid or late move?

If you want a ball to make it look like you have revs, I have to say that the Rogue Cell is all I could have hoped for. I can't seem to get the ball to burn out and hit like a purse like a lot of my other stuff. It's a great ball, and I don't say that lightly, however it needs some oil. It's pretty unpredictable when the lanes are bone dry.

Bobgpaa
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I have both the pearl and venom and I just got the burn. Of the three, I love the burn. I don't throw with alot of rev's, mostly up and into the pocket. The Burn by Hammer is new and I love it. It goes very long and when it reacts, boom. The pins explode. My second series with it I rolled a 738. If you like a ball that brakes late and continues then the Burn is for you. Good luck. Bob:)

mrbill
07-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I Am getting the new JigSaw, It looks k00l and it says its the most reactive of all the blackwidow line.
I'm getting it drilled for Maximum snap on the back end.
i'm a stroker so I need all the help I can get...........