PDA

View Full Version : Bowling League with a injury

mrbill
07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Tonight at league I tryed to bowl with my knee buckling when I put weight on it, I got 3 or 4 balls befor it started going out.
Luckly I practiced the one step aproche the day before and tryed it in league.
I bowled a 143 201 and a 167 not great but better then i thought for a one legged man:p
Got to heal for the JULY CLASSIC

July 18-19, 2009

AMF Longwood Lanes
Longwood, Florida

I'm gonna try deep knee bends and lunges, if that don't work I'll just ice it every day and prop it up as much as possable................

branstew
07-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Just take it easy you dont want it to completly go on you as that could be months to mend

mrbill
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah your right, I'm gonna rest it now, I got league tonight and I'll do like I did lastnight in league and throw a ball or 2 to test it, then if it still hurts I'll do the 1 step drill again and take a week or 4 days off practice..

janbolen
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
:( That sucks. Sorry your having problems with you knee. I have no advice, but yeah take it easy. Hope it get's back too 100% soon. Good luck with the July classics.

kev3inp
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Have you tried any kind of knee support? I have one that has velcro to hold it in place that works pretty well. I think we got it in the ortho section at Walgreens or CVS. I like it a lot better than the ones you have to pull up your leg to get on.

mrbill
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Have you tried any kind of knee support? I have one that has velcro to hold it in place that works pretty well. I think we got it in the ortho section at Walgreens or CVS. I like it a lot better than the ones you have to pull up your leg to get on.

Ya I have a few knee braces And tryed them both. I think I just have a sore lligament or a tendon.
Resting is working it seems, I did good tonight and bowled my high game in league.:D
July classic here I come:cool:

MH1313
07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
ICE ICE ICE!!! right after bowling ice your knee! it'll help speed up the recovery process. also try and make a note to warm up before league and stretch after. All these things will help