PDA

View Full Version : PBA Experience/Sport Leagues

Bygnel
07-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Is anyone else bowling in one this summer? I am in week 6 of my first and finally was able to score a bit on the Viper.. I had been averaging about 145 through 4 weeks of the Chameleon and Scorpion.. But shot 183, 160, 223 on the Viper with my Burgundy Hammer.. I really feel like this league is helping my normal league shot as I am just about 15-20 pins over average on my Friday night fun league.. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this the way I am.. My friends tried to talk me out of siging up for the PBA league saying I would just be frustrated by my inability to score big and want to quit.. But I find it's just the opposite, I want to work harder to score better on those shots.. I am getting a little better every week and hope I can finish the second half strong..

mrbill
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Is anyone else bowling in one this summer? I am in week 6 of my first and finally was able to score a bit on the Viper.. I had been averaging about 145 through 4 weeks of the Chameleon and Scorpion.. But shot 183, 160, 223 on the Viper with my Burgundy Hammer.. I really feel like this league is helping my normal league shot as I am just about 15-20 pins over average on my Friday night fun league.. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this the way I am.. My friends tried to talk me out of siging up for the PBA league saying I would just be frustrated by my inability to score big and want to quit.. But I find it's just the opposite, I want to work harder to score better on those shots.. I am getting a little better every week and hope I can finish the second half strong..

I wish We had a PBA League around here I would join it in a sec..
And Koodos on not lisining to anyone and doing what you like and having alot of fun..

manningm
07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Bygnel,

Thinking about it in the fall? We'll see how things go with my work schedule. I would really like to see how I would do.

Mike Manning

JAnderson
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
PBA experience leagues are a good introduction to sport bowling. To me, PBAx leagues are a nice weekly challenge where you can bounce ideas off other bowlers on equipment, lane play, and adjustments. Tougher lane conditions give you more honest feedback on your execution and highlight the importance of spare shooting. Good to hear you're enjoying yours.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Im shooting one right now... 4 games a night and we just finished week 10.. we have been through all the animal patterns twice so far as we change every week in alphabetic order... Im currently averageing 185 but look to have it up a little more... but Im ok with that average for now.. we still have 5 more weeks left (each animal pattern 1 more time) then we shoot on the us open pattern (flat pattern) and then the masters pattern... those are the roll off nights..