PDA

View Full Version : USBC Board adds new officers; Darlene Baker named President-Elect

onefrombills
07-13-2009, 09:20 PM
7/13/2009

By Jason Overstreet
USBC Communications

The United States Bowling Congress Board of Directors voted during a meeting last month to change its structure to include five officer positions. The new board structure and positions are effective immediately.

"We want to get more board members greater experience dealing with the key details and responsibilities involved in being an officer for our organization," USBC President Jeff Boje said. "This change will make for better mentoring and greater consistency on the Board, but will not create any new authority or power."

As part of the new structure, the USBC Board of Directors will have a President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, 3rd Vice President and Secretary. All will serve one-year terms selected by elections of the Board as a whole every year. For terms preceding a year in which the USBC President will change due to a term limit, rather than select a 1st Vice President, the Board will select a President-Elect. The President-Elect will then take over as USBC President the following year.

Darlene Baker, Mahomet, Ill., was voted USBC President-Elect and will become USBC President. Baker will be the first female USBC president in the history of the organization on Aug. 1, 2010.

"I am honored and appreciative of the Board having confidence in me to assume this great responsibility," Baker said. "I intend to spend the coming months continuing to build strong relationships on behalf of USBC both inside and outside the bowling industry. Being President-Elect will allow me to learn all the key elements needed to hit the ground running with a seamless transition next year."

Tommy Gann, Sand Springs, Okla., was elected 2nd Vice President. Andrew Cain, Scottsdale, Ariz., will serve as 3rd Vice President. Tamoria Adams, Charlotte, N.C., was elected Secretary. There is no automatic succession with the new board positions other than President-Elect.