PDA

View Full Version : Weird styles post here!!

mean0machine
07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhV5yEKnCHk that is me bowling. post a link of you bowling

JaxBowlingGuy
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
you can see a few vids of me bowling by clicking the youtube icon under my username

Efusjon
07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I haven't had a lesson in my life but I'm a straight bowler, but something about my release has just a little spin on it so it's not quite as flat when it hits the pins. I get lots of spares but sometimes have a bad problem with splitting a lot of pins.

I need lessons!

Jord_84
07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
neither of your approaches look weird to me.

I wish I had video of a couple of guys on my summer league. The one guy twists his arm at the elbow and wrist and brings the ball way around behind his back, and then kinda lofts it out on the lane. That's one of the weirdest approaches I've seen.

kev3inp
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
If this guy Willy, from Jacksonville, comes to the Gathering I'll get vid of him. Wrong foot, backup ball. He can do it normally, he just chooses not to. I should have gotten some vid of a couple of the characters in our fall league. Maybe they'll be back this year.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
There is a lady that just shot the trny this past weekend that shoots backup off the wrong foot... actually 2 of them.. lol but hey whatever works

mike121
08-05-2009, 05:32 AM
i watch this video , this is not very hard. I also can do it very easily. and i think a new comer also do it very easily.

jboarei
03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I wish if had a video of some guys on my league that throw a reverse hook for 10 pin pickups.. it looks really weird, but they are pretty good at it.

Zoomie
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a guy on my team that also throws a back up that he uses to pick up ten pins. It impresses me but he is only about 50% on picking them up.

bigbowler76
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
one of the guys on my league throws a back up ball for every shot... I swear it looks very uncomfortable to do (like, he really gets the ball rotating the "wrong" way) I would think the guy would have serious wrist/arm problems, but he is in his 50's and been bowling that way forever... He avg's like 150 something which isnt spectacular, but whatever

Paralipsis
08-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I need to get a video of my release, see what you guys think of it. A tad unorthodox, but it gets the job done. :D

David21
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_Qvk60soY

the second ball was a house ball I threw with two fingers, the lanes were so dry the ball stayed in the middle of the lane and then almost hooked off.

I usually stay lower then I did in this vid, but I was having to put more ball speed on my shot to even get close to the headpin.

and next time I or someone uses my iphone to record a vid they or I will hold is sideways. Lesson learned lol