PDA

View Full Version : New member

water
07-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Just got back into bowling.

To be honest I am very frustrated in trying to learn a hook. When I throw a straightball, I have a much better game.

I will not give up though.

water

Graaille
07-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Never ever give up, but don't lose the ability to throw a straightball either -- both are important. But the most important 2 things are: Enjoy yourself, and enjoy the site.

Welcome.

water
07-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, maybe I should continue my straight ball until I am properly coached.

kev3inp
07-19-2009, 08:13 AM
That's not a bad idea. What kind of ball are you using, and are you open bowling or in league? Both can make a difference. It also seems the harder you try to hook it the less hook you get.

water
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks a lot. I am using a Brunswick Twisted Fury Destruction 15 pounds.

I am just open bowling now to get back into it after a long time away.

I went the other night and did terrible for two and a half games trying to hook. As soon as I switched back to my straight ball, I threw a strike.

I am bowling in southeast Michigan and there are private lessons available.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support.

branstew
07-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi and welcome glad you joined us

Bygnel
07-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Welcome, try to have fun with it as you go.. Get yourself a coach and the everything will fall into place..

water
07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Yes that is important to have fun. I keep comparing myself to others when I have just begun.

janbolen
07-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the boards. :)

mrbill
07-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Just got back into bowling.

To be honest I am very frustrated in trying to learn a hook. When I throw a straightball, I have a much better game.

I will not give up though.

water

Welcome to the boards>....
My mentor of the mind Bruce Lee once said "Be like Water my Friend" so I guess I got to be like you:p:confused:
I've been trying to teach my kids to hook the ball and so far I got 2 that throw it with 2 hands and no thumb, 1 that still throws it stright, and 1 that almost got a small hook(thats the one that listens the most)
and 1 that is a cranker that over hooks it now.
What i tell them in a NutShell is " bend your knees and put your hand under the ball, at release ether choke the head pin or salute in the folloow through.
Try that and think like a cat on the aproch and releace follow through..
Theres alot of web sites out there and Youtube to watch others to get the visual:)