PDA

View Full Version : Florida Bowler's Classic July(NEW)

mrbill
07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Went to my first big turny and had a great time. We ment Storm aka Robert and his girlfriend and got to see Robert bowl and other good bowlers aswell.
I was nervice because alot of things I did not know, like when Robert said it seemed like 50' of oil, for some reason I thought my ball would still have a little snap on the back end, (1 board maybe lol)
Also I thought for some odd reason 10am sunday was the last time I could bowl to make the cut
so I did. Come to find out there was a 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM (cut):confused:
Its was all there in black and white I just read it wrong i guess. Next time I'm gonna bowl on sat and sun late like I'm in league...
I bowled like a 168 174 and a 187 they had my AVG at 170 i think and I was so bumbfuzzled I forgot to write my own scores down.
leave it to say I did not make the cut by like 50 pins...:(
Robert seems to always do ok but he can post more accuret then I could about that.
Robert was very helpfull to me and I wish I could of bowled with him on the same lanes but I blew my fund on 10 am like a block head.
After talking to Robert about all the diffrent kinds of bowling equipment I was tempted to buy Storm.
( Robert you should be a REP) He also gave my son lots of good tips after talking with us for a long time.
All in all it was a learning experance and I'm going to the next Florida Bowler's Classic in Aug with More knolage and maybe this time I won't sweat like a madman and calm down a bit:cool:

JaxBowlingGuy
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the words.. It was good to meet you. just remember that this isnt so much of a game of strike as it is a game of spares.. stay clean and youll do fine.. It do kind of suck that the squad you saw me bowling was ugly, but I wasnt too worried aobout it since I was already in.. the semis wasnt much better, i was killing pocket and just couldnt carry the single pins...

Hopefully we can get a few more from bowlingboards to join next month..

And about being a rep.. i have been telling them that for years...lol I cant even begin to tell you how many people I have gotten to switch to Storm stuff.. Everyone doesnt like it until they try it.. My GF for example.. Hated storm and had never had storm ball. I convinced her to get the virtual gravity over the momentum swing and then she goes out and shoot 785 the 2nd set with it and has not shot her 1st 800 and 300 with it...then 2 weeks after the 300 shot 290.. i have her hooked now.. she just got the hyroad and i just got her another ball in recently as well..