PDA

View Full Version : Duke Wins Third Straight ESPY in “Best Bowler" Category

onefrombills
07-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Duke Wins Third Straight ESPY in “Best Bowler" Category
Seattle, Wash. - 7/20/2009

SEATTLE, Wash. (July 20, 2009) – Norm Duke of Clermont, Fla., won the 2008-09 “Best Bowler” ESPY Award for his third consecutive ESPY win and fourth overall.

The ESPY Awards, presented by ESPN, represent the best in sports in a variety of categories. The annual ESPY Awards ceremonies were held on July 15 in Los Angeles and aired on ESPN Sunday night.

Duke was the winner in fan voting over Wes Malott of Pflugerville, Texas, and Chris Barnes of Double Oak, Texas. Duke was a three-time Lumber Liquidators PBA title winner and the Tour’s earnings leader during the 2008-09 season. Winning the 2008 PBA World Championship gave him a record three straight PBA major titles. Malott also was a three-time winner and edged Duke in the 2008-09 PBA Player of the Year points race. Barnes, a two-time title winner, was third in Player of the Year points.

“The ESPYs is a chance for bowling to reside alongside all of the other sports,” Duke said. “Whether you believe baseball, basketball and football are the top tier sports, for a week we’re all the same. The ESPYs is a celebration of the greatest seasons in all sports. To be mentioned along with all of those great athletes is really special. It’s a terrific experience. I have a lot of wonderful memories from being a part of the ESPYs.”

mrbill
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Some say I bowl like Norm Duke But I'm trying to Emulate Chris Barns :rolleyes:
I like the way Norm Duke in my opinion is like a throw back to the old ways of of the Stright ball Kinda:p
I know he has almost no worrys when the oil pattrens change because he just cuts right through them the same way and Other players have to go to plan A,B,C or D:eek:

JaxBowlingGuy
07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
andddd Norm Duke throws Storm....lol :-)

Maine Man
07-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I like Duke, in fact he's been my favorite player for many years now. But, that said, Wes Mallot got snubbed on this one. It goes to show that the people who do the voting for this award are clearly NOT affiliated with bowling.