PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you are not bowling?

The KingPin
08-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Hello to all,

Just curious what do you like to do when you are not bowling?

zman
09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Lately, work.

Otherwise,
Golf
Work on my old cars, 69 Cougar, 55 Ford
Snowmobile
Putz around the yard

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
well when im not bowling or coaching or writing about bowling or posting on here ....I am the Bell Captain at the Pointe Hilton Resort

kev3inp
09-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Interesting that you guys listed work. It's not necessarily something I like to do, but a necessary evil to support my bowlng habit and the rest of my life. Now if I could just pick the right 6 numbers. It seems so simple on the surface...

I enjoy reading, cooking, craft beers, collecting and listening to music, home theater, and writing on bowling boards. :D

zman
09-10-2008, 08:47 AM
You're a home brewer?

Interesting that you guys listed work. It's not necessarily something I like to do, but a necessary evil to support my bowlng habit and the rest of my life. Now if I could just pick the right 6 numbers. It seems so simple on the surface...

I enjoy reading, cooking, craft beers, collecting and listening to music, home theater, and writing on bowling boards. :D

The KingPin
09-10-2008, 08:55 AM

Just curious, what type of music do you collect?

I once was a country radio DJ, it was fun and I founded a new appreciation for music.

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 03:37 PM
You're a home brewer?

hope ya bring some too the Bowlingboards party !!!!!

Baroncad
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Working on my '98 Jeep (4 in lift, 35 in. tires).
In my Wood shop (torturing wood, of course) making a Entertainment Center for my wife.
Watching the boob tube.
On the Computer which I do for the daily grind (I'm a Civil CAD Drafter/Designer (CAD-computer aided drafting)) so my home computing is somewhat kept to a minimal level.
Lawn maintenance, gotten keep the Civic Association happy.
Spending time with the Family.

Alexander
12-23-2008, 02:56 AM
I only bowl a couple times a month :( I am planning on going more frequently. Whenever I am not bowling I am either..
A) Working on my business
B) Working on my business' website
C) With the girlfriend
D) In class (college)
E) Studying for class
F) The gym
G) Eating
H) Sleeping like 2-5 hours a night :-/ I wish I had more time to sleep

ArtVandelay
12-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Mostly working, and enjoying sports and all that implies. I'm a HUGE baseball fan, but put me down for a little football and some basketball is fun on occasion.

Joachim
01-07-2009, 05:39 AM
I'm signing up for Taekwan-do as my other hobby next week, I have to have other interest than bowling, hehe

NoTapNorm
01-07-2009, 06:04 AM
When weather permits, golf. Unfortunately, too much time in front of the TV. This winter/spring, going to watch my son pole vault for Otterbein College.

onefrombills
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
sleep,work,stay up all night online...LOL

JAnderson
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
When I'm not bowling, I often watch bowling - both live and on TV, coach bowling, write about bowling, help others with their bowling, promote the sport of bowling, organize bowling tournaments, and think about bowling :D

Interesting that you guys listed work. It's not necessarily something I like to do, but a necessary evil to support my bowlng habit and the rest of my life

Hit the nail on the head with that one. Unfortunately, work is such a large part of my life right now that bowling and everything else that isn't work suffers. I'm just thankful that I'm gainfully employed given the state of economic affairs in the world right now.

I get the feeling the original question was looking for something more like ...

I'm an "advanced" amateur astronomer (and want to get into astro-photography), enjoy backpacking with family and friends (been to many cool places you can only get to on foot), like dirt-track and short-track car racing (spectator - they race on wet clay down here!), watch hours and hours of college football during the season (my wife accuses me of being able to watch any two teams play), drive my wife all over the place so that she can take pictures (she's a professional photographer - anyone need a wedding photographer?), support my local music scene (I'm constantly on the lookout for new talent), geek out on all things computer technology, play a number of computer games, read (always have 2-3 books going), and exercise the dogs (Pug, Fox Terrier, and a boxer). The wife and I are saving up for a couple of quads because we think some offroading might be a nice addition to the backpacking and backcountry camping.

kev3inp
01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Somehow I missed a question thrown my way. No, I don't home brew, but I have friends that do, and we try to get new beers from our local Whole Foods or the liquor store. We've found some great ones, and a lot of crappy ones. We like beers that are more malty than hoppy, if you know what I mean. For an interesting one try Schenklera smoke beer. Kind of like drinking a sausage.

I used to be into astronomy when I lived in the sticks and didn't have a whole lot of light pollution. Before that the best view of the night skies was to be found at the Adler Planetarium. I'd go there every month for the sky shows. Here there's a huge orange glow to the sky that pretty much wipes out decent viewing, so I use my "starry night" software instead.

I'm not really allowed to watch sports except for the super bowl and bowling on tv. Not that it's an absolute rule, but it saves a lot of arguments if I just accept it. We have 3 tv's, but I should be watching with her, rather than in another room watching sports.

I used to like to camp out, but here it's kind of crappy. It doesn't get cool enough at night most of the year to enjoy a campfire, and the mosquitos are voracious. Fortunately a lot of my camping supplies make a handy hurricane preparedness kit.

As for music, mostly rock, a little old school rap, hardly any country, swing and big band, jazz, both old and fusion. We're huge Beatle fans, and try to attend Beatlefest in Chicago every few years. We met through a Beatles club on Yahoo.

Iceman
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Well Now, besides filming and racking my brain on what I'm doing wrong when I blow a string - I'm posting it for advice here.

Ohio weather changes so much, I could swim, shovel snow, play baseball and even drink beer around the fire pit, and that's all within 24 hours. I'd rather just stay warm, drink a cold one, and fantasize about anything I'm not doing. Less expensive and keeps me out of trouble.

The KingPin
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Wow craft beers, great hobby

The KingPin
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Well Now, besides filming and racking my brain on what I'm doing wrong when I blow a string - I'm posting it for advice here.

Ohio weather changes so much, I could swim, shovel snow, play baseball and even drink beer around the fire pit, and that's all within 24 hours. I'd rather just stay warm, drink a cold one, and fantasize about anything I'm not doing. Less expensive and keeps me out of trouble.

I hear you about the weather. Here in Colorado it is bad for weather changing fast

The KingPin
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm signing up for Taekwan-do as my other hobby next week, I have to have other interest than bowling, hehe

I think that will help your mental game a lot. Self control

Jord_84
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
There's other things to do besides bowling?! :eek:
...guitar hero...I'm a geek
watching my beloved chicago cubs never make it to the world series
watching Brett Farve bomb with the Jets (that's what you get for leaving us Brett!!!)
cooking
gardening
my kids...they aren't a hobby lol, but they keep virtually every second of my day busy

kev3inp
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Oops, another cub fan. And I've already said, "wait 'til next year." ;)

Jord_84
01-22-2009, 08:35 PM
White sox? =/

you better hope they make it this year....otherwise we will shed the blood of many, many goats!

kakcpa
01-22-2009, 09:09 PM
When I'm not bowling, I'm working!

kakcpa
01-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Forget the White Sox....because the Tigers will be back!

White sox? =/

you better hope they make it this year....otherwise we will shed the blood of many, many goats!

Jord_84
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
regardless of who has a good season....I think we can all unanimously agree....that the Yankees need to have another crappy season lol

hate the yankees

The KingPin
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
regardless of who has a good season....I think we can all unanimously agree....that the Yankees need to have another crappy season lol

hate the yankees

I think baseball needs a salary cap