PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading right now?

The KingPin
08-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Do you like books? If so what are you reading right now? I am reading Guerrilla Marketing, great book so far.

The KingPin
08-24-2008, 04:25 AM
I am reading this page right now lol

onefrombills
08-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Dammmm I was going to say that

I am reading this page right now lol

Tylrsmom
08-24-2008, 05:46 PM
...well, other than catching up on the threads on here...LOL I am reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. IF you haven't read it, please do.
His lecture is on YouTube (long and short version) and it has has become a phenomenon, as has the book he wrote based on the same principles, celebrating the dreams we all strive to make realities. Sadly, Randy lost his battle to pancreatic cancer on July 25th, 2008.

onefrombills
08-25-2008, 01:04 AM
hows the book ?

Anni1
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Right now I am reading 'The Black Rose' by Nora Roberts.

It is part of the In the Gardne Trilogy. It is a great book!

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
This POST .....LOL

zman
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Haven't read a good book in a while. One I've been meaning to read is God,Guns and Rock and Roll by
Ted Nugent.

Usually read magazines, Rod & Custom and Vintage Snowmobile.

Trex
11-15-2011, 02:56 PM
This forum post...

DanielMareina
11-16-2011, 10:56 AM
So many people using the same joke. Depressing! I am reading "A Dance with Dragons". book 5 of the Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Phenominal series, but taking way too long for him to finish it! They did make an HBO series about this series, and they did a real good job with it.

Trex
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
So many people using the same joke. Depressing! I am reading "A Dance with Dragons". book 5 of the Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Phenominal series, but taking way too long for him to finish it! They did make an HBO series about this series, and they did a real good job with it.

I am sorry Daniel, I did not mean to depress you. The thread said what are you reading right now? And I thought to my self, hummmm...this post is what I am reading right now.

As far as a book, the only one that seems to hold my interest is the Holy Bible. :)

Other than that, I have a few bowling books that I have read over and over, and a few old Issues of Bowling this month"BTM" magazine, but I have those stored away in a tote in a storage building. Sadly there are no other subjects that hold my interest enough for me to take the time to read as far as books are concerned.

StormGirl
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm currently reading Love in the time of Cholera. One of my favorite books.

The Mayor
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM

Are those the Game of Thrones books?

HunterRunsIt
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Im reading "The Affair" By Lee Child his series is really good :).

DanielMareina
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
That they are! Very good. The HBO series was called a game of thrones, but the book series is called A song of Ice and Fire.

Bizwan65
11-16-2011, 10:09 PM
I really liked the 1st and 2nd books of the Song of Fire and Ice series. The 3rd and 4th were ok. Having trouble getting into the 5th book. If it doesn't get better soon (100 pages in) don't know if I'll read the 6th book when it comes out.

The Mayor
11-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Well the show is awesome, I know that much!!

DanielMareina
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I really liked the 1st and 2nd books of the Song of Fire and Ice series. The 3rd and 4th were ok. Having trouble getting into the 5th book. If it doesn't get better soon (100 pages in) don't know if I'll read the 6th book when it comes out.

The First was great for sure. The problem with the 4th and 5th is that they actually are happening at the same time. So if you didn't like the 4th, the 5th is similiar. It is all setting up for a great book 6 and 7. The hardest part is that Martin takes 5 years between each book. As if it wasn't hard enough to keep 200 characters straight, but waiting that long time makes it even harder.

phonedrn8
11-19-2011, 12:56 AM
I read on what cates my eye

StormGirl
11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't know Game of Thrones was based off of a book. I should really check that out! I love the tv series

littlelegs
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Currently reading the latest Terry Pratchett book Snuff. One of my favorite authors and one of his better books so far. Possibly one of his last too due to early onset dementia :(

HunterRunsIt
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I haven't read a good book In a minute but whats that book about?

The Mayor
11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Reading Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain for at least the 15th time. Never gets old!

HunterRunsIt
11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Just started reading the new Lee Child book The Affair it's quite interesting.

bdpeters
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Reading Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain for at least the 15th time. Never gets old!

I need to check that one out Tony is very entertaining.

JerseyJim
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Just started reading the new Lee Child book The Affair it's quite interesting.

I've read all of the Reacher novels. I'm starting from the beginning again. One trilogy that I finished recently is the "The Strain" trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Del Toro scripted "Pan's Labyrinth". It's about the ancient war between the ancient vampires. Mankind is caught in between. It starts with "The Strain", continues in "The Fall", and ends with "The Night Eternal". It's possibly the best vampire story I've read.

HunterRunsIt
11-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I've read all of the Reacher novels. I'm starting from the beginning again. One trilogy that I finished recently is the "The Strain" trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Del Toro scripted "Pan's Labyrinth". It's about the ancient war between the ancient vampires. Mankind is caught in between. It starts with "The Strain", continues in "The Fall", and ends with "The Night Eternal". It's possibly the best vampire story I've read. The Reacher Novels are simply amazing. I'm going to check out the books you suggested they appear rather interesting! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

J Anderson
12-06-2011, 04:16 PM
The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton

littlelegs
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM

He's too busy arguing with PayPal (along with everyone else including a charity) to write at the moment :p

Timmytomma
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Over the summer I read all of the Song of Ice and Fire books by GRR Martin. I got hooked by the HBO series and I had to know more. I absolutely loved them, by far my favorite series ever. As for right now, I just finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I also very much enjoyed, but I havent gotten too far into the second book of the trilogy. Other than that...text books and stuff for my undergrad :P

J Anderson
02-18-2012, 09:26 PM
My wife and I were given a set of the first 4 books of the Song of Fire and Ice. Highly addictive. I guess now I have to go see if #5 is available at the Library.

striker12
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
im reading the out siders good book i have read it like 3 times now on the 4th time well the other 3 times was in public school but i dont remember anything form then

DaveAyotte
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM

oh man, great book. I love that guy. I just finished up "The Poet" by Michael Connelly. Good Stuff! I'm thinking about picking up another book of his, or maybe start reading the biography of George Carlin that I bought, and never read.