PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Granite City, IL

wimberlyt
07-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Hello all! Not much to say about myself I'm afraid. I'm just a 40 year old, overweight guy who's main goal is to look after his family. I bowl straight (for now) and my best game was 153 (it sucks I know). I was on a 9-pin league YEARS ago. I have recently been thinking of getting back into bowling. I tried it again a couple of years ago but ended up throwing my back instead of the ball. I haven't bowled since.I am a large man (6 ft and 388 lbs) and my doctor said I need to lose 200 lbs before it kills me. A friend suggested I get back in to bowling. So, I decided to try again.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi, Welcome to the site! I hope you find it useful and meet some cool people. glad to hear you are getting back into the sport. What better way to exercise than by doing something you like. :-) Just wanted to stop by and say welcome.

branstew
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes welcome I hope you will enjoy this site as muchas you do bowling. Remember if you have not been exerciseing for a while take it easy and start off slowly we dont wont you to over do it.

Jord_84
07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the boards, it's always nice to see a fellow Illinoisan.

kev3inp
08-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Definitely, welcome. Expatriate Illinoisan here. Glad you're aboard.

mrbill
08-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Hello all! Not much to say about myself I'm afraid. I'm just a 40 year old, overweight guy who's main goal is to look after his family. I bowl straight (for now) and my best game was 153 (it sucks I know). I was on a 9-pin league YEARS ago. I have recently been thinking of getting back into bowling. I tried it again a couple of years ago but ended up throwing my back instead of the ball. I haven't bowled since.I am a large man (6 ft and 388 lbs) and my doctor said I need to lose 200 lbs before it kills me. A friend suggested I get back in to bowling. So, I decided to try again.

Welcome to the Boards wimberlyt.
Your story is simular to mine, Last year My son joined the High school bowling team, So in my wisdom I thought to teach him the ways of the balling ball.
Before that day it was about 20 years since i picked up my old Black Rhino. After my back surgery and nerv damg I thought I would never bowl again or do anything else really.
It was hard at first but I fell In love myself again with bowling.
I was bumping 300lbs at 6' but now I'm around 258 and droping:D I got a Teeter Hang Ups and the rest is history.... Now all 5 of my kids bowl some more then others but thats ok.
You can say Bowling Changed my life:eek:

Good luck and chat with ya soon;)

The KingPin
08-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Welcome to BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums. It is great to meet you and please tell your friends.

Chris