PDA

View Full Version : Left or right handed?

wimberlyt
07-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. I am left handed. I write, shoot, eat, etc with my left hand but I throw, use a mouse, bowl, etc with my right.Now figure that one out!:p My highest score has been around the 150 mark and I can't seem to get it higher. My ball doesn't always go where I want it to go. A friend suggested that I try bowling left handed and see what that does. I experimented with that before, but it felt weird and I bowled worse than with my right hand. Should I start bowling left handed? Would my score eventually get better?

Graaille
07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Whatever you work on will improve, but coaching will help you improve faster. Getting more games under your belt bowling lefty will take away the strangeness, but you might just find out that the problems you're experiencing righty will translate to the left hand side as well. Not saying having the ability to switch-hit isn't a good thing, because it is. But every celing/plateau you reach can be worked thru - you just might need another set of eyes watching you to help you improve.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I say stay right.. you have been doing that for a while so stick with it..look at baseball, there are s0o0o0o many right handed players that bat left handed.. Good example is Barry Bonds.. throws right hand but bats left

wimberlyt
07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. I think I'll stick with right handed. Plus, this way, I won't have to buy all new stuff:D.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-26-2009, 11:43 PM
lol another good reason... buttttt then again it would give you an excuse to get more stuff ;-) ha