PDA

View Full Version : Review-MOTIV TR2

Motiv Girl
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
My Information:Ball speed-15/16 mph.Rev Rate-250-260rpms,Axis Rotation-45 degrees,Axis Tilt-15 degrees.
Ball surface:800 grit OOB, Drill Spec for ball tested-4.5x4 pin outside ring finger,no X-hole,
Lanes tested on:Brunswick Pro-Anvil lanes ,Age of lanes-8 years old.
The TR2 features the Thrust core found in the TX1 a medium RG design,with a higher differential.The cover
is the new MOTIVat-R reactive,the most aggressive and biggest hooking ball MOTIV has yet to produce.
The TR2 produces a very heavy continuous arc at the breakpoint and a great continuation through
the pindeck The TR2 will match up well with oilier house shots,longer sport and PBA Experience patterns.
The TR2 is way too strong for any dry shots or shorter sport patterns.
Overall:I believe that the TR2 will fit well into any players bag.High speed straighter players and strokers
can use its early revs and hook to help them.Tweeners will be able to find the oil line and be able to stay
in their comfort zone .Crankers will be able to move inside the other styles of players and use the longer
continuous arc to control the back end of the lane without over reaction and still have great recovery.

The TR2 should be a hit and be the start of bigger and better things for Motiv.
Thanks MOTIV: Angela Wilt ,MOTIV Staff Member

MotivateMe
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
The TR2 features the same thrust core found in the TX1 but with the new Motivat-R reactive coverstock and an 800 wet sanded box finish making this ball the most aggressive and hooking ball Motiv has released to date. I not sure if this ball will ever be the first ball out of the bag for me, but it is sure to provide me with a MAJOR weapon when I encounter oilier surfaces than your typical house shot.

Even though the TR2 proved to be too much ball for the house condition I bowl on, it did provide a predictable, aggressive reaction. If you are a bowler with higher rev rates you should love the continuous, aggressive backend reaction that is very predictable and the awesome hitting power that Motiv is known for. If you're a stroker or lower rev bowler like myself, you'll find the TR2's reaction a huge benefit when conditions get tight.

The TR2 is an excellent addition to the Motiv family of equipment. So I've got one question for you...Are you MOTIVATED?

Bowler and Ball Information
Motiv TR2
15.2 lbs, 2.6oz top weight, 3-4" Pin, No extra hole.
800 Wet Sand Box Finish
Left Hander, Stroker, Medium Ball Speed, 3/4 roller
League Average 230.