PDA

View Full Version : league night wed

mrbill
07-30-2009, 01:54 AM
I had a plan, I even Practiced and did very well.
I did great while warming up (nothing but strikes)
So why did I have a melt down and bowl 10 20 and 30 pins under my Avg?:(
i've gave it much thought in the last few hrs and I'm not giving up on my new adjustments just yet..
I think having 1 practice is not enough and I was useing my 15 lb there at practice, there at the game I had my 16 lb so maybe that had a part to play...... Never give up, never surrender

branstew
07-30-2009, 02:01 AM
If you can have someone watch your adjustments and see if they do help you and yes the weight diffrence would be a big difference.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
heavier ball would result in slower ball speed and with slower ball speed come more hook than you want... were you going through the nose or very light?

next FL classic ill take a look and see if i notice anything that could be a easy fix..

mrbill
07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
At first I was hitting the pocket,My ball was moving like 10 boards and I was happy. Then Thinking about it now I bowled some practice games early that day and useing a 15lb then at game time useing a 16lb I'm thinking my christ barns bent wrist style was to much for my wrist/forearm and unnoticeable to me at the time. My grip felt way off but I did not know why(at the time)
I was missing my mark #1 and My hook/rotation went to almost 0.
I was numb from the beer, thats what im blaming it on lol
I did not give up on my new found adjustment and I wont for a long while, I know it will work> Eventually =p

gparks
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I feel your pain and its fun to have the beer bug bite a little :) i just got a storm dimension in 15lb and this week in practice and practice just before league started all things were good ,then we started up and left a 10 pin first frame no biggy right? heh then a 5-7 split after an adjustment well long of the short 5th frame comes up and my team capt says grab your butter ball (my 16lb lane 1 cobalt bomb) did so and never looked back strung 4 with it.so yeah going 15 to 16 is tricky.im not giving up on the storm but need some frames with it in practice. good luck and happy bowling bill:)