PDA

View Full Version : Official BowlingBoards.com New Design Suggestion Thread

The KingPin
08-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Hello Members.

Site Design and Features are critical for having a great site. So I open the floor to you. Within the next 6 months we will be tracking what people want and fulfilling the requests of our members.

It takes time and I appreciate your patience. Nothing dramatic will happen. Yet I do hope to have a complete bowling experience for you.

My hopes are to the features you desire.

So please feel free to list what you have seen on other sites or what you have not seen and would like here.

Thanks

Chris

BowlingBoards.com Version 2.0 Wanted list:

Bowling Glossary of Terms
Keep Chat Box / Room
Game room - Poker?
Review Template
Most popular thread list

The KingPin
08-09-2009, 03:17 AM
We can make a list of features that you would like to stay and ones that you want to see here.

I think the reviews are nice, also even though we are growing, I think the Marketplace a nice tool.

jBryan
08-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Is it possible to get a bowling term glossary or a thread explaining certain bowling terms? (i.e. bowling styles, names of bowling pin moves)

The KingPin
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Great Ok i will add it to the list.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Is it possible to get a bowling term glossary or a thread explaining certain bowling terms? (i.e. bowling styles, names of bowling pin moves)

http://bowlingboards.com/showthread.php?t=3962&highlight=bowling+terms

The KingPin
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
We can add that, but we need to also think about what features you would like. Of course we are growing at a slower pace, yet we are meeting lifelong friends and having a great time.

So things to think about:

Do you want a chat room?

Do you like videos?

What other items might you want to see here?

I will collect these ideas and build a new site based off of your needs and wants.

The KingPin
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
In regards to reviews and such, would you like to be able to click on a bowling ball and read the tech specs? Or it does not matter to you?

JaxBowlingGuy
08-19-2009, 11:06 PM
That could be nice. Seems like it would take FOREVER to link them all..lol

The KingPin
08-19-2009, 11:08 PM
That could be nice. Seems like it would take FOREVER to link them all..lol

Doing a comparison would be nice, but might be out of my coding range. I need a coder who loves bowling and is willing to help

Maine Man
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I would like to see the following things added:

1) A ball review template that everyone who posts a review needs to adhere to to make it easier to get useful information from each review. There is nothing worse than reading a review of a ball where someone says "this ball hits like a truck", and that's all they say.

2) A box on the bottom of the homepage with the 5-10 most recent forum posts (from all the forums) listed so people can click on the hot topics and dive right in with the discussion. This may get more people involved in posting on the forums, and help grow interest in the site as a whole.

3) Maybe a poker room for the regulars. Nothing with real money or anything, just a place to hang out and play some cards with friends on here. Maybe a chat feature in the poker room so you can talk some smack to each other! lol.

That's all I have for now, thanks!

-James

Hogsharley
08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Not really adding anything here but these 2 things I would like to keep. I really like the chat box on the home page and also the blogs. Very good idea to give away a ball in order to get some activity to the site and give people an incentive to come back daily.

Graaille
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
In regards to reviews and such, would you like to be able to click on a bowling ball and read the tech specs? Or it does not matter to you?

<ball geek on>
I pay a lot of attention to the tech specs, so that would be a good thing to have. One thought would be to not link to an outside source, but actually keep them in the actual ball description area (Which would cut down on code).

Perhaps if we were to put a wish list for the ball info would also be OOB finish of each ball - and factory description on how to achieve it. Reason for that is LM/L has a specific way to get their balls to OOB, and RotoGrip and Hammer both have their own methods of creating 4000 abralon that skips a bunch of intermediate steps that many assume are there.
</ball geek>

mrbill
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Two Things I would like Added
1. Have a video layout on the 3 styles (stroker) (Tweener) (Cranker) Add the best video views on Why you or they bowl that way and what stances are used for each, and where there eyes are for each style. Then How and Why movements are needed..

2. {Ball Layouts} Have all the Different layouts known for each different styles and what they do with video back ups, also mixed with member layouts and why they have theres, with video back ups.
(maybe an interactive area so that members can play with the different layouts to see whats best for them and maybe a way to see how it will go down the lane)....

#3. off the top of my head=
A nice bowling game area when the members are bored so that to keep them logged in;) ( weekly high scores and maybe a tourney someday :cool:

Alot of work I bet but you asked:p

The KingPin
08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Ok now we are talking. Great suggestions

Hogsharley
08-21-2009, 07:27 AM
How about a personal feedback rating for everyone. +1 for a good deal and -1 for a bad deal. It would be right next to their name for everyone to see. It would promote trades and also promote traffic to the site because bowlers would know that there are trusted sellers on here.

The KingPin
08-24-2009, 10:59 PM
How about a personal feedback rating for everyone. +1 for a good deal and -1 for a bad deal. It would be right next to their name for everyone to see. It would promote trades and also promote traffic to the site because bowlers would know that there are trusted sellers on here.

Great idea, kind of like a thing called Itrader. It does what you are saying

The KingPin
08-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Quick Idea? Would you like to see under your member name, avatar, location and such an area for Average?

branstew
08-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Quick Idea? Would you like to see under your member name, avatar, location and such an area for Average?

Yes that would be good

Hogsharley
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Maybe what clubs people belong to could be there. 300/800 club, Track Legion, Brunswick Nation, Fellowship of the saws, coaching certifcations level, PBA member, etc...

Hogsharley
08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I've been trying to find a certain post that a certain member posted. I clicked on the members name but there was no way to see any of their posts. Other forums have a way to access all of people's post's from profile page. That would make finding things a lot easier.

The KingPin
08-25-2009, 04:24 PM
I've been trying to find a certain post that a certain member posted. I clicked on the members name but there was no way to see any of their posts. Other forums have a way to access all of people's post's from profile page. That would make finding things a lot easier.

Unless something is off, you should be able to click on a members name. See their public profile, click statistics and then see all of their posts or threads they have done. Tell me if this is not working for you