PDA

View Full Version : new to the boards hello all

gparks
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
hi to all names greg 37 wife 2 kids 2 1/2 dogs all that.

finished my first league after a 15 year break and found the love of bowling all over again.
i wanted a 180-190 average for this short 12 week summer league and hit 190 right on the nose,im pleased with my season but of course now im shooting for 200 :) . these boards seem just the place to get info and help to get me there.i start a 32 week fall/winter league on thursday,i cant wait! it's still a handicap but the highest guys in the area will be there. several guys pushed 230,and dozens in the 2teens. so i hope the level of bowling im around will get me to my next goal of 200 :)

sorry for the novel hope to see you all on the boards v/r, greg

JaxBowlingGuy
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Greg and welcome! You should be able to get your 200 this season. I know atleast with me I bowl with my competition. If I am bowling with higher averages I tend to bowl better and vise versa.

The KingPin
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
hi to all names greg 37 wife 2 kids 2 1/2 dogs all that.

finished my first league after a 15 year break and found the love of bowling all over again.
i wanted a 180-190 average for this short 12 week summer league and hit 190 right on the nose,im pleased with my season but of course now im shooting for 200 :) . these boards seem just the place to get info and help to get me there.i start a 32 week fall/winter league on thursday,i cant wait! it's still a handicap but the highest guys in the area will be there. several guys pushed 230,and dozens in the 2teens. so i hope the level of bowling im around will get me to my next goal of 200 :)

sorry for the novel hope to see you all on the boards v/r, greg

Hello Greg,

My name is Chris, I am the owner of this site.

I have a wife, a son, 2 Jack Russel's, 1 Golden Retriever, 3 cats, 1 African Grey Parrot and 3 parakeets. Oh and some fish.

I am honored you are here.

We are real people. We are teachers, mechanics, mothers and daughters. I hope you have a great time here. Tell your friends about us.

The Volunteer staff here is wonderful and the best anywhere. The members here are top notch and care about people.

Thanks for being here.

Your new friend,

Chris

P.S. Don't worry about the novel, we are all people who add a page to our own life novels everyday.

branstew
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hello and welcome from the UK this is a fantasic site and you will get a lot of info I know as it is helping me.

gparks
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
thanks chris ,robert and branstew. the boards have a *nice* feel to them,and my bowling buds will be on here or i'll drop my ball on thier toes :) in the 10th frame of the 3rd game of course hehe.(i'll use my spare ball so i dont ding up my good ones :)).....

JaxBowlingGuy
08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
thanks chris ,robert and branstew. the boards have a *nice* feel to them,and my bowling buds will be on here or i'll drop my ball on thier toes :) in the 10th frame of the 3rd game of course hehe.(i'll use my spare ball so i dont ding up my good ones :)).....

nice call with the spare ball..lol

extraacount
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey welcome Greg, My names Marco and I'm 13. Probably the youngest here. I bowl 120+ average and when i get a new ball i hope my average goes up to 150+ or 180+. Its nice to see more people is joining this nice forum :D

mrbill
08-11-2009, 07:47 PM
welcome Greg
I also hope to get my Avg up over 200 by winter.. Good luck to us all hehe.............

gparks
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
thanks to all the replies was just checking out the forums and im very impressed good job on layout ...

marco nice average bud if you keep at it youll be pro by 20 :) im not a expert but my advice to you is push the ball out strait and hit your mark (mine is 2nd arrow) the rest will fall in place and most of all remeber it is a game! have fun out on the lanes :) cyas

gparks
08-11-2009, 10:21 PM
welcome Greg
I also hope to get my Avg up over 200 by winter.. Good luck to us all hehe.............

hehe you bet bud we will get there i have a good feeling about my team we are all in between 175-197 range so i think we will bowl against eachother to worry about the other teams :) keep in touch we will get to 200 together :p