PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best bowler ever?

The KingPin
08-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Just curious who you think is the best bowler ever?

onefrombills
08-24-2008, 05:18 AM
LOL.......I would say WRW to be with the rest of the world but my fave's are Danny Wiseman and Parker Bohn

bowling_man_300
08-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I would say rhino page. yes he's young but he had a remarkable season and he was on more shows than WRW has been on for the past few years combined.

onefrombills
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Rhino is the "PBA's IT boy" right now...remember as easy as they made the Left side Jason Couch didnt bowl last year. Would he have had the season he had....we can only wonder ?

But this was for the best EVER...Rhino has been here 1 year

Tylrsmom
08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I would have to say all of the pros are awesome but without a doubt, Norm Duke and Chris Barnes RULE!!

onefrombills
08-25-2008, 01:07 AM
went with a safe answer huh ?

Tylrsmom
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
nooooooooo...LOL I actually have them on my Myspace page...I like them both!! TYVM!! LOL

onefrombills
08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
LOL...yup me too

PSBA10
08-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Although he may not have won the most titles or money, Andy Veripapa is the greatest bowler of all time. Andy's ball control was phenominal. Watch the attached video. It was produced in 1934. That's right he developed and was doing these trick shots 74 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFfCstnIFE

onefrombills
08-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Andy sure is tops for a list and too think if it wasn't for them ....where would we be today

onefrombills
08-27-2008, 01:59 AM
This is a great video

zman
08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I'll go with Earl Anthony, one of the greatest.

onefrombills
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
That one is hands down

I'll go with Earl Anthony, one of the greatest.

Baroncad
09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Honestly, this is a hard question to answer.

The title is "Who is the Best Bowler ever" based on what:

Most wins in PBA, ABC, etc.: well that would be Walter Ray Williams or Earl Anthony (different era's & equipment)
Favorite Bowler (colorful personality): Danny Wiesman, Norm Duke, Brian Voss, Ernie Schiegal (sp), Mark Roth and everybody else that has impressed someone.
Longevity (from old school to present day): hands down Pete Weber

That being said my all-time Best bowler was:

John Radigan-my dad. He was the one who taught me how to bowl, was the one I watched the PBA Bowlers Tour on ABC and the Firestone Tournament of Champions. (yeah, I just dated myself)

Favorite Pro: Dick Weber

onefrombills
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
ISNT IT HARD TO NAME JUST ONE AS THE GRETEST !!!!!!
You put together a great list for diffrent reasons

Honestly, this is a hard question to answer.

The title is "Who is the Best Bowler ever" based on what:

Most wins in PBA, ABC, etc.: well that would be Walter Ray Williams or Earl Anthony (different era's & equipment)
Favorite Bowler (colorful personality): Danny Wiesman, Norm Duke, Brian Voss, Ernie Schiegal (sp), Mark Roth and everybody else that has impressed someone.
Longevity (from old school to present day): hands down Pete Weber

That being said my all-time Best bowler was:

John Radigan-my dad. He was the one who taught me how to bowl, was the one I watched the PBA Bowlers Tour on ABC and the Firestone Tournament of Champions. (yeah, I just dated myself)

Favorite Pro: Dick Weber

Tylrsmom
09-06-2008, 06:03 AM
I am partial to my COACH! John May, we has 22 Regional Titles and is the best coach out there...[Sorry, Brian...and no offense...I bet ur an awesome coach!!]

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I am partial to my COACH! John May, we has 22 Regional Titles and is the best coach out there...[Sorry, Brian...and no offense...I bet ur an awesome coach!!]

22 regionals to my none is good but , I do have 2 regional pro am titles LOL :)

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM

is this the same John may your talking about ?
http://pba.com/news/feature.asp?ID=523&Type=0

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Although he may not have won the most titles or money, Andy Veripapa is the greatest bowler of all time. Andy's ball control was phenominal. Watch the attached video. It was produced in 1934. That's right he developed and was doing these trick shots 74 years ago.

I agree,

I also like Henry Gonzalez, partial because I worked with him for a while and got to know him as a person, but his stats and presence on the Senior tour is great.

Rhino is the "It" guy right now. Not poking fun because he does have talent, but what about 5 years from now? With time goes better players, harder conditions and such. To be a TRUE legend in bowling you have to be able to adapt to the ever changing changes that are brought to the game of bowling.

WRW is that guy at this time. I hate to say it as I am not a WRW fan, but he is living proof of what a bowler needs to do to "stay" in bowling. To be able to compete week in and week out is amazing.

Many of the other players in the game bring something to the table. Chris Barnes seems to be an amazing person in general. His character seems to shine through even when bowling. But then many people like Pete Weber for his bad boy attitude. So we all can have favorites, but I really think that how long your trophy case is and the time on tour really displays your a true legend on bowling.

Chris

The KingPin
09-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Have you told your coach about BowlingBoards.com? He can list his clinics and classes here for free!!!

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Im a member of the IHL ( I hate Lefties) but rhino does have a good game....enough for the pros well only time will tell. Before I get attacted yes he has a title but the left side was sooooooooooooooo easy last year and remember that jason couch was off last year too.....just food for thought

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Im a member of the IHL ( I hate Lefties) but rhino does have a good game....enough for the pros well only time will tell. Before I get attacked yes he has a title but the left side was sooooooooooooooo easy last year and remember that jason couch was off last year too.....just food for thought

What does Jason Couch being off last year, have to do with Rhino Page having a great rookie season? :confused:

Well you can make a case of lefties having it hard, I mean there was no body else helping to carry the oil down or ummm.....I got nothing. YOUR RIGHT Lefties had easy. :p

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
What does Jason Couch being off last year, have to do with Rhino Page having a great rookie season? :confused:

Well you can make a case of lefties having it hard, I mean there was no body else helping to carry the oil down or ummm.....I got nothing. YOUR RIGHT Lefties had easy. :p

the PBA did have the left side open last year .....with Jason being out rhino may not have made it as far as he did....but what happened last year happened so lets see what next year brings

Tylrsmom
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
is this the same John may your talking about ?
http://pba.com/news/feature.asp?ID=523&Type=0

YES!! The one and only...John May... LOL

Tylrsmom
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
22 regionals to my none is good but , I do have 2 regional pro am titles LOL :)

WTG on the Regional pro-am titles!! LOL :D

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
YES!! The one and only...John May... LOL

Yeah John has helped me out on sending me some shirts to raffle off at out youth city tourney

Tylrsmom
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Have you told your coach about BowlingBoards.com? He can list his clinics and classes here for free!!!

YES, I have actually! ;)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
WTG on the Regional pro-am titles!! LOL :D

well i have to admit i was the only one in my div in the youth pro ams...LOL

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
YES, I have actually! ;)

i have to go on to Mr. F'n Mays myspace page and say hey !!!!!!!

SPS
09-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Just curious who you think is the best bowler ever?

I would actually have to agree and say Rhino Page. He is completely awesome at finding the weak point in the surface and using it against his opponents. For example he will find a trick at every lane he plays on that allows him to get a strike, and finds the weak points in the pins :)