PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to mend a broken heart?

operajester
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Yea so this jerk dumped me and it feels like the end of the world. I've got a broken heart and no idea how to mend it.

Jord_84
08-11-2009, 05:36 PM
If he really was/is a jerk....then you're not missing out on much. Know that you're better off without him and that someone better is out there waiting for you.

Try and stay positive and do things you enjoy!

extraacount
08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Umm BOWLING... no no jk, it'd only make you worse if you can't hit anything. Go hang with friends :) have fun. Loosen up, if he was a jerk then there's no point in getting sad. You should be happy that you don't have a jerk bf anymore.

Graaille
08-11-2009, 11:13 PM
"If it has testes or tires, it's gonna give you heartache." I should know, I've got testes and a spare tire.

For what it's worth, broken hearts do ease over time - small consolation now, but it is true. And there's nothing we can say or do on here that will speed the process . . including fudge brownie icecream. It's your own wound and it'll heal in it's own time.

I'll give you one insight tho.... been married going on 14 years and we've broken each others hearts quite a few times - but we've been committed to each other even when we really didn't like each other. That's a fact of our life, and as my kids get older I expect my heart to be broken many more times. But in the end, the breaking doesn't matter because the scars make you wiser and (to no small degree) sexier - because you start learning what you really want and what you'll put up with and what you won't.

JerseyJim
08-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Take it one day at a time, there will be some bad days, and some good days. Concentrate on a hobby. Do something new. Just don't sit home and brood.

mrbill
08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I had a Broken Hart 30 years ago. I would not wish that pain on anyone..
One day you will look back a laugh at this time in your life, or at least chuckle..
Good Luck and get them strikes, that always helps...................XXXXXXXXXXXX 300 yeah!!!

comfortably numb
07-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I'll give you one insight tho.... been married going on 14 years and we've broken each others hearts quite a few times - but we've been committed to each other even when we really didn't like each other. That's a fact of our life, and as my kids get older I expect my heart to be broken many more times. But in the end, the breaking doesn't matter because the scars make you wiser and (to no small degree) sexier - because you start learning what you really want and what you'll put up with and what you won't.

Just browsing some old posts and came upon this one, and about fell out of my chair! Might be the best advice on marriage I ever saw!! Pure genius.

Trex
07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Just browsing some old posts and came upon this one, and about fell out of my chair! Might be the best advice on marriage I ever saw!! Pure genius.

I aghree.....lol

I mean agree... :)