PDA

View Full Version : New shoes!

wimberlyt
08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Yay!! I got my new bowling shoes. I didn't have much choice. After sitting in my garage for two years my shoes dry rotted. I was leaving pieces of my shoes on the approach to the lane, lol. I got them for a good price too. Dexters size 11 for $33. Anybody here wear Dexters?

JaxBowlingGuy
08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
i have the dexter sst6 and the new sst8.. Dexter makes a very good shoe

branstew
08-14-2009, 02:18 AM
I wear Dexter sst8. I do belive that they make a diffrence.

Strike Domination
08-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I have somewhat new SST7s. Not a bad shoe. The default heel has a habit of getting on my nerves though.

jBryan
08-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I picked up a new pair of SST8's. I don't mean to thread jack, but I have a question as these are my first pair of bowling shoes. What should I do to keep them well maintained? Do I need to put some kind of oil or substance to get that proper slide?

JaxBowlingGuy
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
the slide should be adjusted by changing the soles. I dont do anything to maintain mine but keep my shoe cover on and keep them inside the bag they came with.. to help brake in the soles go up infront of the bal return between the lane and witht he shoes on slide on the sole for about 30sec to a min. this will help break in the fibers.

Coach 3G
08-17-2009, 04:34 AM
I have dexter shoes as well, I've had SST1's, 6's and now 8's. Have to say I liked the SST6's a lot better than these 8's. They don't work well with my footwork. Quite a few people I know have had problems with them as well. The bottom of the push off shoe comes off quite easily. I'll definitely do my homework a little more before I buy new shoes in the future. But yeah dexter overall makes a great shoe, just make sure you pick out one that works for your game and is comfy.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I have dexter shoes as well, I've had SST1's, 6's and now 8's. Have to say I liked the SST6's a lot better than these 8's. They don't work well with my footwork. Quite a few people I know have had problems with them as well. The bottom of the push off shoe comes off quite easily. I'll definitely do my homework a little more before I buy new shoes in the future. But yeah dexter overall makes a great shoe, just make sure you pick out one that works for your game and is comfy.

I also had a few issues with my 8's.. the non slide soles that came with them seemed a little slick for my style so i had to go get a more traction sole.. also the 8's sit a little taller than the 6's did.. that took a little getting used to.. and I continue to have problems with the heel inside wearing a hole into it. my 6's had a big hole to the point i put a insert into it. now my 8's are doing the same thing, or atleast starting to..