PDA

View Full Version : How often do you "practice" during League season?

Evilash71
08-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I was curious how many League bowlers out there still go down to the lanes to practice during the season on off nights?

Seems that practicing for tourneys and maybe during off season is more popular than for leagues.

How about you guys. You still get down to the lanes to work on your game in between league nights?

JaxBowlingGuy
08-16-2009, 10:31 AM
For the fall season i will be bowling league wed and thurs.. my practice is usually like the weekly 9 pin no tap trnys around town..

Evilash71
08-16-2009, 10:36 AM
yeah that's what i was wondering if most bowlers used tourneys and such instead of just going out and practicing. Right now our fall league hasnt started up and i took summer off so i was practicing in the true sense of the word, about three times a week. Just working on shots, releases, etc. not worrying about scores and all that. Added some balls to the arsenal and just worked on getting used to those.

So now that Fall season is coming up i was trying to figure out if i really needed to keep up that sort of practice regimen or I could taper off a bit.

Evilash71
08-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Storm,
what's your cleaning schedule with your balls? You do the warm bath on them every month or so? Also are you using commercial bowling cleaners between sets or SImple Green or something to that affect? You play so often im curious what your cleaning practice is.

branstew
08-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I was curious how many League bowlers out there still go down to the lanes to practice during the season on off nights?

Seems that practicing for tourneys and maybe during off season is more popular than for leagues.

How about you guys. You still get down to the lanes to work on your game in between league nights?

I bowled 3 leagues this summer but I still went for a 2 to 3 hour practice on a friday just to practice on the bits that did not work through the week.

ebowler
08-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm bowling one summer league, and I practice every Sunday, since it's only 0.99 per game. I convinced my wife to bowl in a doubles league this fall, and I plan to continue the league I'm in this fall.

So I'll be bowling 16-20 games a week with league and practice.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey Storm,
what's your cleaning schedule with your balls? You do the warm bath on them every month or so? Also are you using commercial bowling cleaners between sets or SImple Green or something to that affect? You play so often im curious what your cleaning practice is.

91% alcohol after every set
Storm Reacta clean (reactive cleaner) and Mega Bite (Particle cleaner) every 15-20 games of so
Then ill use the hot water about every 30-50 games depending on the balls cover and tendency to soak oil... Like a virtual gravity will soak more oil and quicker than like the gravity shift.. Usually ill just heat clean when i see that its losing its touch..

russellmcever
08-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Everyday . R u kidding . With storm's awesome new equipment . I can't keep the Energy out of my hand or the pocket .

onefrombills
08-19-2009, 04:19 AM
I prac as much as I can !

JAnderson
08-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Evilash71 - Your suspicions are correct, at least as far as I'm concerned. My weekly practice sessions are more focused around upcoming tournaments than improving results in league bowling. Depending on your level of involvement, league bowling and tournament bowling are two completely different worlds - both in approach and focus.

WAC4504
08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I bowl on Sat. and Sun. leagues 'cause thats the only time I can. I try practice Sat. mornings if I can and I really try to make it I'll bowl for 2 hours in the morning and then league that night. On Sunday I take a group lesson for 2 hours and then bowl that nite. And for me it works great, Sep. will make 2 years in bowling and I've gone from 124 to 173 and it still getting better. To me its not practice, lessons, or league it's just FUN. Good luck and have fun.

gparks
08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
i bowl league thursday night ,then a 9pin no tap on friday or saturday. then mon thru wendsday it is a buck50 a game at my league house so i try to get in 9-10 games so all in all i shoot for 20-25 games a week to try new things and just work on it all . and if it wasnt fun then why do it :) i wish i could roll 40 a week but work wife kiddies get in my way:mad: hehe