PDA

View Full Version : How many leagues have you bowled?

The KingPin
08-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Bowling is fun, but how many bowling leagues have you bowled in a given week?

I must say 3 for me was enough. Not to mention the bowling league dues are $$$.

What about you?

onefrombills
08-24-2008, 05:13 AM
I just came off bowling 3 last year

Tylrsmom
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I will be bowling in 2 Fall leagues this season...Tuesdays and Thursdays

onefrombills
08-25-2008, 01:02 AM
im doing 1 this year so i can focus on tournaments

thedan
08-30-2008, 12:44 PM
i'm bowling in 3 leagues this year,plus coaching kids at kyrene on saturdays

onefrombills
08-30-2008, 01:52 PM
wow do you have your hands full this year ....lol

stc17
09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
like every year i will be bowling 5 leagues plus tournaments this fall just finished my 3 summer leagues

onefrombills
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
wow ....how do you bowl 5 + tourneys

I was burned out with 3+ tourneys last yr

stc17
09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
i have been doing it for about 3 years now i bowl at least 6 days a week year round if im not bowling league or tourny im bowling jackpot

onefrombills
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM
wow ....thats all I can say

Between the Fam, work and the bowling I do im burned out already

:)

stc17
09-01-2008, 08:26 PM
yea last year i burnt out a little and took about a month and a half off and didnt bowl at all and didnt like it so now most of the time my girl and my son come and watch me bowl so i can balance the family work and bowling but its definitly not always easy ive actually lost girl friends because of how much i bowl

onefrombills
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Its a great thing when you can take the fam out to tournaments

The KingPin
09-02-2008, 12:22 AM
i'm bowling in 3 leagues this year,plus coaching kids at kyrene on saturdays

Hello " The Dan"

I do not believe we have met,

It is great to have you here and if you need anything or have a suggestion, please let me know.

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Ditto to a fellow AZ Bowler

Hello " The Dan"

I do not believe we have met,

It is great to have you here and if you need anything or have a suggestion, please let me know.

bowlr721
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
im bowling in 2 leagues and im a sixth man in another league

Baroncad
09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
I'll be in 4 Fall Leagues: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

I'm going to start a fundraiser called "Paddy's League Dues" you all can donate whatever you can, I'm not picky. Every $ will be put to good use ;)

Hopefully the Missus doesn't tally up the cost of all four x 36 weeks, or Paddy's bacon will be on the grill.

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
LOL...thats a great idea

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I am now bowling in two winter leagues - Monday and Tuesday nights. I promised my husband I would only bowl two nights because we moved 20 miles from my home bowling center! Last fall I bowled in back to back leagues on Tuesday nights and then in a Friday night league. I wish I could space my Mon and Tues night leauges out but the times and types of leagues are a big deal for me. I was going to bowl in a third league on Tues night, but that would mean over $60 a week in bowling dues, not to mention gas soooo..... :)

My husband gives me a hard time because his hobby is music in which most times he gets paid, therefore a more "profitable" hobby! Whereas mine just costs money and any money I receive from bowling to me is just bonus!! :)

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I'll be in 4 Fall Leagues: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

I'm going to start a fundraiser called "Paddy's League Dues" you all can donate whatever you can, I'm not picky. Every $ will be put to good use ;)

Hopefully the Missus doesn't tally up the cost of all four x 36 weeks, or Paddy's bacon will be on the grill.

Hahaha, yeah, my husband became the wiser about my bowling dues when I quit working part time enough to pay for them!

By the way, I love, love, love your quote!

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 04:05 PM
As the season has started or just about too ....like for me on monday I SAY GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US THIS YEAR !!!!!

Anni1
09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I have only been on one league and that is the fall league I have been on for 11 years now.

I just don't know how people bowl all year long, especially during the summer. I can't do it.

Baroncad
09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Hahaha, yeah, my husband became the wiser about my bowling dues when I quit working part time enough to pay for them!

By the way, I love, love, love your quote!

Well the missus' still hasn't caught on, let's just keep mum shall we.

Thank you, I rather believe my quote is correct.

I just don't know how people bowl all year long, especially during the summer. I can't do it.

We just haven't brought you over to the DARK SIDE yet!! (muhaha, ominously music playing) :D

onefrombills
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
We just haven't brought you over to the DARK SIDE yet!! (muhaha, ominously music playing) :D

Classic and welcome to the dark side

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Classic and welcome to the dark side

We need to replenish are ranks, constantly!!! ;)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
We need to replenish are ranks, constantly!!! ;)

yeah but we need more members ...LOL

kev3inp
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
The wife and I only do one league at a time, but we bowl all year and take bowling vacations. We do the county and state tournaments, too, if state isn't too far away. We go to NC every year for a bowling Gathering in Winston-Salem. Thank goodness we found a Sunday night league again. It's hard to go to work the next day after bowling. (We're off Sun. and Mon.)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
The wife and I only do one league at a time, but we bowl all year and take bowling vacations. We do the county and state tournaments, too, if state isn't too far away. We go to NC every year for a bowling Gathering in Winston-Salem. Thank goodness we found a Sunday night league again. It's hard to go to work the next day after bowling. (We're off Sun. and Mon.)

I hope I can get my girlfriend to bowl a league with me

stc17
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Yea see ive had girlfriends bowl with me and i think its just alot easier and i seem to score better if there not bowling or not there at all i can think and stay on my game better

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Yea see ive had girlfriends bowl with me and i think its just alot easier and i seem to score better if there not bowling or not there at all i can think and stay on my game better

yup i hear ya

i had her bowl on this past summers league i bowled and it was fun to be doing stuff with her

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I hope I can get my girlfriend to bowl a league with me

This might be a rather silly question, but have you asked her too join a league with you?

You could cook a dinner for her, do the dishes, give her a foot massage and casually "say would you care to bowl on my team". It didn't work for me, but then again I was torpedoed by my 9 yr. old innocently saying "Dad, why are you rubbing mom's feet, you didn't buy ANOTHER ball did you" (cute kid should have stop at one) :p

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
This might be a rather silly question, but have you asked her too join a league with you?

You could cook a dinner for her, do the dishes, give her a foot massage and casually "say would you care to bowl on my team". It didn't work for me, but then again I was torpedoed by my 9 yr. old innocently saying "Dad, why are you rubbing mom's feet, you didn't buy ANOTHER ball did you" (cute kid should have stop at one) :p

LOL...thats a great story

Good thing I dont have to pay for bowling balls :)

Well shes 6 months prego so she not going bowling anytime soon

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL...thats a great story

Good thing I dont have to pay for bowling balls :)

Well shes 6 months prego so she not going bowling anytime soon

AHH!! you kind of omitted that little factoid..and why do you want her to bowl with you she's pregnant!!

You sir, are why women despise us in the Labor room, that and the fact we...well you know. :(

OH!!! by the way CONGRATS to you both. :)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
AHH!! you kind of omitted that little factoid..and why do you want her to bowl with you she's pregnant!!

You sir, are why women despise us in the Labor room, that and the fact we...well you know. :(

OH!!! by the way CONGRATS to you both. :)

well not too go to much into it we have had our problems from time to time and its just nice to do something together other than staying at home ....does this make sence?

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
well not too go to much into it we have had our problems from time to time and its just nice to do something together other than staying at home ....does this make sense?

Brian, no explanation is/was needed. Most people like doing things with their better half.

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Brian, no explanation is/was needed. Most people like doing things with their better half.

You mean im not the only one that wanted to do something with the better half????

I thought that I was special :(

bowlr721
09-10-2008, 12:08 AM
im bowling two lleagues regularly and am the 6th man on the roster on another league

kev3inp
09-10-2008, 05:01 AM
You mean im not the only one that wanted to do something with the better half????

I thought that I was special :(

I'm certain you're very special. ;)

Seriously, I really like that the wife and I bowl together. It gives us a night out that doesn't break the bank. Now if I could just get her to start cleaning the equipment and getting it in and out of the trunk...:)

Duke Harding
09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Most I've bowled was 7, back in the 1970s.
Last year I subbed in one league (21 games).
This year I bowl on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (sub), Sunday (sub).
Plus practice on 2 days.

I'm retired. It does get expensive.:D

TenPin
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I bowl on 1 or 2 leagues year round. My wife, bowls on 3 or 4 winter leagues and 1 or 2 summer leagues. More than I want to do, I like to fish, camp, and other stuff outdoors.

As for bowling with her, I try not to. She's very competitive when it comes to bowling has actually caused a little strife from time to time. She has gotten much better over the last few years, but it still gets upset once in a while.

Now, as for woman bowling pregnant, my wife did really well right up till about 7 to 8 months (doctor finnally nixed it). I'm curious if anyone would like to venture a guess as to how well she did? I'll post the answer tomorrow. Remember, I said she's very competitive.

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm certain you're very special. ;)

Seriously, I really like that the wife and I bowl together. It gives us a night out that doesn't break the bank. Now if I could just get her to start cleaning the equipment and getting it in and out of the trunk...:)

Thank you

Take baby steeps on this one or you might find a ball being thrown at your head !!!! :)

PrettyLilMoon
09-13-2008, 12:40 AM

hahahahahaha!

PrettyLilMoon
09-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Bowling is "my thing" and my husband's band is "his thing." We each get our own time in our own little places which I think is good for both of us. I do, however, enjoy going to his gig from time to time when we have a babysitter, but thus far my husband has not come to watch me bowl because he is typically caring for our son on my league nights. My husband and I will bowl every once in a great while together for fun, but it's usually over the holidays when the inlaws are in town or we are visiting and can escape for awhile by ourselves. Yes, my bowling balls do go on vacation with me if we're not flying! :) I bowled on a non-sanctioned Lousy Bowlers League untiil I was about 6 months prego and then my husband took over for the remainder. He just didn't enjoy it as much as I did although he was also good friends with the guys I bowled with. To each their own! :)

NoTapNorm
10-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm only in one league this winter, I'm just starting back after a 10 year layoff. However, I used to be in 8 leagues across 5 days in the early 90's.