PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys ... New guy here

Nickerjones
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey I am Nick and I just got into bowling. My parents who had bowled most of their lives decided to get back into it after a 8 year layoff. I guess they wanted to remember the good ole days, anyway they talked me into joining a mixed league this summer. I had never bowled before other than messing around at cosmic bowling or what not. I wasnt great , a 165 avg isnt to bad for a first timer but not great either, but i had a ton of fun with my parents. I am in my late twenties so its good getting to spend a lot of time with them. However now they have got me bowling in 2 or 3 leagues this fall, so I found some boards to get some advice and look for equipment so.......... HERE I AM nice to meet ya'll!!:D

JaxBowlingGuy
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi and welcome! Glad that you found us here. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask and i am sure you will get your answer. I look forward to seeing you around.

mrbill
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the boards Nick

The KingPin
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey I am Nick and I just got into bowling. My parents who had bowled most of their lives decided to get back into it after a 8 year layoff. I guess they wanted to remember the good ole days, anyway they talked me into joining a mixed league this summer. I had never bowled before other than messing around at cosmic bowling or what not. I wasnt great , a 165 avg isnt to bad for a first timer but not great either, but i had a ton of fun with my parents. I am in my late twenties so its good getting to spend a lot of time with them. However now they have got me bowling in 2 or 3 leagues this fall, so I found some boards to get some advice and look for equipment so.......... HERE I AM nice to meet ya'll!!:D

Welcome to Bowling Boards!!! It is great to have you here. Please do ask all of your bowling questions and TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT US!!!

branstew
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Hi Nick you will find a lot of info here, and a 165 is not a bad starting point for league

Coach 3G
08-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Bowling multiple leagues will help accelerate your bowling success. Welcome to the boards and I hope everyone here can help you out.

gparks
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
welcome nick and im fairly new here as well you will enjoy it 165 is an awesome starting average and rollin several times a week youll see higher and higher scores try to bowl several other houses as well different settings and lane conditions will help with your overall game good luck this fall and keep us up to date with your progress :)

kev3inp
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
S'up? LOL! Welcome, and I'm sure we won't disappoint.

Jamski
08-28-2009, 08:57 AM
A 165 is a terrific starting average! The only hard part is living up to it from week to week! :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

Maine Man
08-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Welcome aboard Nick. You will find some great information on this site. Please feel free to pm me if you need any advice, good luck this bowling season!!