PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like?

JAnderson
08-22-2009, 11:15 AM
As in other sports, we often look up to, enjoy, or even idolize the exempt/nationally touring professional bowlers. Each of us has favorites and each of us have different opinions on who's good and who's struggling. Instead of a weekly/daily "what's your favorite ______ ball" or "who's your favorite pro" how about these? Have some fun with this - try not to pick more than one name per question and try not to list the same person for every question. If you do, explain why why why!

Out of all of the professional bowlers out there, past and present:

1. With whom would you most want to spend a day practicing at the lanes?
2. Who would you most like to have coach you for a day?
3. If you could sit and talk with one of them to just pick their brain for a couple hours, who would it be?
4. With whom would you most like to have a couple of cocktails?
5. Which three plus you would you like to put together for a round of golf?
6. Which pro would you most want to bowl on your league team?
7. With which pro would you most want to bowl a doubles tournament?
8. Which pro do you want to face in match play?
9. Which pro do you think could actually do your job?
10.If given the opportunity to spend an entire season traveling with a pro, going to all of the stops, eating, sleeping, living ... who would it be?
11. Which pro do you think would really whack 'em on your house shot?
12. If you could physically adopt the game/mechanics of any pro, who would it be?
13. Pick one of your favorite pros. What do you think they would choose as their Halloween costume?
14. Pick another favorite pro. What costume would you choose for that person for Halloween?
15. Choose an area of your bowling game (spped control, rev rate, swing, timing, etc).that needs some work. Which of the pros do you think could best help you with that area of your game?
16. Which pro do you think would make the best replacement for Bruce Willis in the movie "Die Hard"? How about Belushi in "Animal House"? Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction"? Sigourney Weaver in "Alien"? Gene Wilder/Johnny Deep as Willie Wonka? Kathy Bates in "Misery"?

I'll post after a few others - I don't want to influence the replies.

Graaille
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok, I'll bite.
1. Del Ballard
2. Chris Barnes
3. PBIII
4. Diandra Asbaty
5. Robert Smith, Brian Himmler, Jason Couch
6. Bill O'Neill
7. Brad Angelo
8. Steve Jaros
9. Randy Peterson - they tought him to broadcast didn't they?
10. Kim Terrell
11. Tommy Jones
12. Norm Duke
13. Clara Guerrero - Lady Godiva (I can dream)
14. WRW - Colonel Sanders
15. Brian Voss
16. Brian Himmler, Jason Belmonte, Stephanie Nation , CDB, Richie Allen, Shannon Pluhowsky.

I'll post the 'whys' in an edit a bit later when I don't have munchkins chirping around me at 100db.