PDA

View Full Version : New Ball (Rotogrip Nomad)

bowl1820
08-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Well I picked up the Nomad today, only had time to throw 2 games to check the fit.

First game was warm up (only a 170, throwing only strike shots) and the first ball I threw was a strike and the next one too. Had a four bagger in there also. Second game was a 232 had 8 strikes, one split (3-10).

The ball is looking good, they talk about strength at the backend. They're not kidding the nomad got down the lane nicely bowling on the afternoon open bowling oil.

But when it hit the dry look out! It made a left turn. Almost every ball made a pocket hit, I tried shooting from 2nd arrow to 3rd arrow. I could throw it out and it would come back, tug it in tight and maintain speed it held very well also.

The thing I like was how well it was keeping the pins low to sweep the deck. I think that thick coverstock is helping there, those 1/2" thick covers I think make the pin fly to much.

Well I'll write a full review later after I use it in league this week. But it's looks great so far.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/aloarjr810/bowlingballs/roto_nomad_sol.jpg