PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again (The Name Game)

Seamistlark
08-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Well, the season is about to start and teams will be needing names. :confused:
We have the name for our Saturday league team picked out, at least the wives have picked the name they want. "It's My Turn" is the name they came up with and we, the husbands, have decided it is easier to go with i then to fight it.
I am taking over as Capitain of our Wednesday night team and will be suggesting we name the team "Gutter Mouth" cause three of our bowlers use such colorful words.:D
Anyone else having to re-name the team for this year or starting a new team?
Let's see if we can get some great name suggestions going for those of us needing help.

Jord_84
08-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I guess my teams name this year is "the misfits"....since we got placed together on a team at the last minute.

branstew
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Our double team is hit n miss

randy99
08-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Our team is the Jolly Jalepenos. We are not Mexican, but we love hot tacos!

Strike Domination
09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
My league starts in about a week, I want to contribute an idea for team name but I'm not normally very good at coming up with stuff. One girl, four guys, we're all new to the league(3-4 of us entering our first fall adult league), any ideas?

Something as simple as "Just Bowl" would be fine with me.

Maine Man
09-05-2009, 02:21 AM
My Sunday team is called "Off All Night". When a team beats us, then they can simply say that they "beat Off All Night". lol. :)

kev3inp
09-05-2009, 10:51 AM
My league starts in about a week, I want to contribute an idea for team name but I'm not normally very good at coming up with stuff. One girl, four guys, we're all new to the league(3-4 of us entering our first fall adult league), any ideas?

Something as simple as "Just Bowl" would be fine with me.

"Four sticks and a split"? " Who?" is always a contender in our naming discussions. Depends on how "offensive" you'd like to be, too. "Norfolk and Way" "Sofa King Good" "No 'F' in weigh" all spring to mind.

BowlnBrat
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I have a whole list of team names that I have either heard or thought up over the last 2 years. As I come across new and unique names, I add them to the list! Here is the list...hope it helps!!! I do have this list in an excel workbook and it is alphabetized so when a new name is added all I have to do is just re-sort...thanks to kev3inp's suggestion of making it alphabetized! If you want it, pm me and I will be happy to send it to ya! kev, that goes for you also!

? Delinquents (the ? can be replaced with whatever)
All Or Nothing
Atomic Strike
Bad News Bowlers
Ball Breakers
Ball Busters
Bark Avenue
Beer Frame
Beer Thirty
Bowl Bounce
Bowl This
Bowled Over
Bowlers Anonymous
Bowlin For Beer
Bowling Bumz
Bowling Thunder
Bowl'n Stones
Bowl-nanza
Brass Balls
Buzzard Bait
Comin’ Atcha
Dream Team
Eight Ballz
Four Sticks & A Split
Free Rollers
Gate Crashers
Give Us A Break
Gutter Bugs
Gutter Snipes
Gutter Sweepers
Hit & Miss
Hit N Miss
Hollywood Bowl
Hot Shots
In The Groove
It Takes Balls
Jolly Jalepenos
King Pins
Lane Brains
Lane Breakers
Lane Changers
Lane Violators
Let’s Strike A Deal!
Liquid Lanes
Lookin’ 4 Strikes
Loose Cannons
Lucky Strike
Lucky Strikers
Lucky Strikers
Mass Destruction
Missing In Action
Mixed Nuts
No Excuses
No F In Strike!
No F In Weigh
No Ten Pin
Odd Balls
Odd Ballz
Oil On Our Balls
On Strike
Pin Action
Pin Busters
Pin Crashers
Pin Cushion
Pin Pals
Pin Queens
Pin Shakers
Pin Spotters
Pin Ups
Pinguins
Pin-guins
Pins & Needles
Pizza Bowl
Queen Pins
Quiet Storm
Rejects
Rock ‘N’ Bowl
Roller Bowlers
Rolling Thunder
Shake & Bake
Spare Me
Spare Us
Speed Bump
Spin Power
Spinning Pins
Split Decision
Split Ends
Splits Or Swallows
Splitsville
Stike A Deal
Strike “N”
Strike Bound
Strike Buddies
Strike City
Strike Force
Tail Waggers
Talking Turkey
The Don't Knows
The Looney Toons
The Misfits
The Sharktank
Throw & Pray
Turkey Shoot
We Might Strike
We Need Help
Wrecking Crew
X Marks The Spot

kev3inp
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Now that is hip. I'm copying it and taking it with me. I wonder if I can import it into something and make it alphabetic.

BowlnBrat
09-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Go ahead Kev! That's why I am compiling it! My mom is the secretary of our Wednesday night league and I keep the list with me so new teams have a list to find a name by!

kev3inp
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
There, the reputation fairy has blessed you. :)

BowlnBrat
09-06-2009, 03:21 PM
ha ha WooT!! Thanks Kev! lol

StormGirl712
09-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Our Wednesday night league over summer was no "f" in strikes. And Sunday was moms delinquents. We've yet to come up with fall names for our Thursday night league, which is scratch and I think we're going to end up with need handicap. Lol we aren't doing as well as we hoped. (6 out of 23 points won first week) haha

BowlnBrat
09-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey Kev! Feel free to post that list as a sticky if you want...maybe as a new thread? That might help others who haven't posted on this thread to see the list! And as I peruse this thread...I will add any new names I find to the list and will update it both in my personal list as well as on here!

Strike Domination
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
That's a pretty good idea BowlnBrat. Sticky a list of team names for people to look over. I like it.

BowlnBrat
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
That's a pretty good idea BowlnBrat. Sticky a list of team names for people to look over. I like it.

Thanks Strike! It would at least give them a faster way to find a list to mull over! And by the way...ya'll can just call me "Brat" ;)

Seamistlark
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow, this thread has taken off. I thought I posted a dead subject for a while.
We have a team on Wednesday called 'Oil on Our Balls".

BowlnBrat
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Seam! That is an awesome name! I love it and it's being added to my master list now!

StormGirl...I failed to say I love the "Moms Delinquents" name as the "moms" can be changed to suit any team or group! That will also be added to my master list! I think I already have "No F In Strike" on there...I will check it though

BowlnBrat
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
"Oil On Our Balls" and "? Delinquents" has been added and saved to my master list now! Thanks guys! I check this board often for new names...so keep it up!