PDA

View Full Version : Another Reign video

dougb
08-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Here's a great video showing the Reign in action, including a comparison to the HyRoad.

http://www.hi-sp.co.jp/ball/video/reign_storm.htm

My HyRoad (pin to the right of ring finger and cg in palm) has a very similar movement to this one, while my T-Road Pearl (pin above and to the right of ring finger with cg in palm) has more length.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-26-2009, 12:06 AM
The reign get about 5-6 more feet than the Hy-road with a little more angle than the t road pearl. I have all 3 drilled with the same layout and threw all 3 yesterday.. Its a good ball. I cant wait to try the next layout on it

dougb
08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
The ball looks great. I just picked up a Hy-Road because I actually wanted a ball that makes it move sooner, but can handle a variety of lane conditions. (I normally use a Columbia 300 Rival on fresh THS, but it is also drilled for length.) If the Reign is anywhere close to the other Thunder line balls -- and it sounds like it is -- then it's a real keeper!

Please post pics of your new layout when you drill up the next one.

JaxBowlingGuy
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
well if you are interested in the reign. it looks like the release was pushed back again. now scheduled for release 9/24.

the other layout i use is the pin either right next to ring finger or slightly above with the CG stacked below. its a 3 3/8 layout.. it gives good length but a very aggressive turn. it will begin the roll a little sooner than my current layout.