PDA

View Full Version : Another newb here!

ridenfish39
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Hello all,
New guy here. I got back into bowling a year and a half ago after a five year layoff. ( I couldn't handle the cigarette smoke, nothing against smokers though) I am enjoying the game more than ever after having a different guy drill my equipment and change my span. I shot three perfect games last winter season, and averaged 222 and 225 this summer. The technology of the new balls on the market now is amazing. I remember getting a Turbo X (I think it was the first resin ball) and it tracked out in around 20 games. I have over a hundred on my Hammer Spider and it still is in amazing shape.
I'm just looking to learn more about the game and be a better bowler, and maybe meet some new friends.

Cheers,

Pat

The KingPin
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Hello all,
New guy here. I got back into bowling a year and a half ago after a five year layoff. ( I couldn't handle the cigarette smoke, nothing against smokers though) I am enjoying the game more than ever after having a different guy drill my equipment and change my span. I shot three perfect games last winter season, and averaged 222 and 225 this summer. The technology of the new balls on the market now is amazing. I remember getting a Turbo X (I think it was the first resin ball) and it tracked out in around 20 games. I have over a hundred on my Hammer Spider and it still is in amazing shape.
I'm just looking to learn more about the game and be a better bowler, and maybe meet some new friends.

Cheers,

Pat

Hello Pat and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums.

I am honored that you are here and please do tell your friends about us.

Thanks

Chris

branstew
08-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi and welcome and with a 220+ average I think your good aready and I will be learning from you

Maine Man
08-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Welcome Pat, glad to have you aboard. One quick history lesson for everybody out there, the first resin ball made was the X-Calibur by Nu-Line. Marc McDowell was the first to use this ball on TV, and bowling has never been the same since!

ridenfish39
08-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Welcome Pat, glad to have you aboard. One quick history lesson for everybody out there, the first resin ball made was the X-Calibur by Nu-Line. Marc McDowell was the first to use this ball on TV, and bowling has never been the same since!

Your right, it was purple and I had one of those too! (and it tracked out just as fast as a Turbo X)

kev3inp
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome aboard. I missed the whole start of resin as that was when I had my great bowling hiatus.

StormGirl712
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the site. That's not bad after a 5 year break! Maybe I should do that and see what happens lol. But there's no way my boyfriend or family would let me get away with that.