PDA

View Full Version : Any likes or dislikes with your new bowling leagues this fall?

The KingPin
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
So with leagues starting, are there any new things your liking, or some things that are bugging you? Let us know how things are going

Strike Domination
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
We don't start until Saturday, but I think I'm going to like my team. I know 3 out of the 4 other members now. We shouldn't have any problems as a team, and I think we'll be a pretty good one. We may even place high!

BowlnBrat
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
One thing I am not too crazy about with my Tuesday league is that they adopted a new rule regarding subs.

A sub may not be used if their average is more/less than 10 pins from the bowler who they are subbing for's average.

I can understand the "fairness" issue to keep teams with a very high handicap from using a scratch bowler just to "sandbag" or beat out the other team. But, it also makes it harder to find a sub if you need one b/c you have to find someone who is within that 10pin + or - to sub for you. If you have a lower average, it's hard sometimes to find a sub b/c most of those subbing are scratch bowlers or have much higher averages than you do. We are allowed to use a sub that has NOT established for anyone, but once they have established they can only be used for those who's averages are near that.

My problem with that is most of the subs I know, are scratch or their averages are too high.

What are anyone else's thoughts on this ruling?

StormGirl712
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
it helps make things fair. which is good, because i know a lot of people who would take subs as an advantage. for instance, our pba exp. summer league i bowled, one guy was there for 3 weeks out of 17! and the 17th week you had to be there so technically he was only there 2 weeks of the regular league. now he was avg i want to say 167-170ish having a guy sub for him that was avg 200+. now, everyone said he was on vacation, but thing is, if you made top 10 you got a first round by which put you at $120 instead of the $90 you may have won if you lost first round. now, he didnt end up in top 10 but, still point being the advantage people take on using subs. oh i could go ON AND ON about how poorly ran this league but that would take all day. lol