PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear a patch at league bowling?

The KingPin
09-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Hello Bowlers,

I am curious if you would wear a bowling patch to league bowling? Some would say no as it is just league, but then some would say yes as it makes you feel good and important.

What do you think?

I ask as I may have some BowlingBoards.com patches made, but maybe people would not wear them. So I am looking for some input.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-02-2009, 01:35 AM
If i wear a tournament shirt I would since it would be on a couple of them.. But other than that I plan on having them on my bags.

branstew
09-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Yes I would wear them, It would help to spread the word here in the Uk

Jord_84
09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't have any bowling shirts.....so I've sewn all of my patches onto my bowling bag.

The KingPin
09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't have any bowling shirts.....so I've sewn all of my patches onto my bowling bag.

Wow that is a great idea.

Do you have an advertising opportunities at you center by any chance?

Jord_84
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
yep, I already ran it by my mom...and she'd be more than happy to keep some flyers advertising bowlingboards on the front counter. I just need to get off my butt and make them.

Between my grandma dying, my son starting school, and us moving into a new house in 2 weeks....I haven't had much free time.

Maybe if I have time, I can throw something together and take it to league with me tonight.

gutterball
09-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Well i don't have a bowling shirt that i wear so i am like some of the other i would put it on my bowling bag.but make it a big one so everyone can see it. But i would be more then happy to show it off to everyone at the alley.

mrbill
09-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I would put patches on my shirt and bag... I need some tho lol

kakcpa
09-03-2009, 12:09 AM
There is not one person in my league that wears a patch of any kind. If you want real exposure, pay a pro to wear your patch while on tv.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-03-2009, 12:14 AM
There is not one person in my league that wears a patch of any kind. If you want real exposure, pay a pro to wear your patch while on tv.

There are ALOT of rules about what can and cant be worn during PBA tournaments.. The company has to be registered and the logo approved...

Jord_84
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Just another thought while we're on the topic of getting the word out there....

What about window stickers to put in a car?
I'd put something in the rear window of my SUV.

I suggest the window cling only because I really hate bumper stickers lol

kakcpa
09-04-2009, 08:09 AM
that's right...then work something out with the PBA to get the patch on their players. That would be cool.

There are ALOT of rules about what can and cant be worn during PBA tournaments.. The company has to be registered and the logo approved...

Jamski
09-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Absolutely I would wear a Bowling Boards patch, and sew one on my bag. And stickers, and whatnot.

BowlnBrat
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Absolutely would I wear patches! Whether on my shirt, a jacket or a bag! I plan to put all the patches I have gotten so far on a jacket! I won them, I'm proud of them...so of course I would wear them and show them off!!