PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any League Pet Peeves?

The KingPin
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Ok some bowlers do not like bowling next to a wall, some really don't like bowling next to birthday parties? What about you? Is there any League Bowling Pet Peeves that you have?

BowlnBrat
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM
YES! OMG YES! I can't STAND it when someone either on a leauge or not doesn't practice lane etiquette! IE you are up at the approach just about to take off and the bowler on either side of you just walks right on up and throws! Most leaguers know lane etiquette (though some newbies may not), and alot of free bowlers know it too...but I think it should be posted at EVERY lane the laws of lane etiquette!

Jord_84
09-06-2009, 11:57 PM
I hate bowling on lanes 1 & 2. For whatever reason, the approach is uneven....maybe from the oil machine pivoting...either way, it throws me off.

branstew
09-07-2009, 02:21 AM
The person who trys to tell you that everything you are doing is wrong even as you stand ready to bowl

ebowler
09-07-2009, 08:17 AM
During league play it's bowlers that are slow getting to the approach when it's their turn to bowl. I bowl at 9pm and I get up at 4:30am

During practice, it used to be bowling next to kids, but I have learned to use the distraction to work on my concentration.

Graaille
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
League members who are either MIA w/in the building, or are too busy talking to pay attention to be available to bowl their turn.

Strike Domination
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't like bowling on the end pairs. On 1 if there's a step off the approach that's dangerous if you have to get left enough. On the last pair if there's a wall and you need to move right enough it's a distraction. These or sort of like the ball return being in the way actually.

I also don't like people thinking they can help me with my approach during league. It's different if I ask for your opinion on something.

StormGirl712
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM
i would rather not bowl on the end lanes, but i was also told i couldn't complain about them anymore in one house because i shot 299 on 31&32 and 300 on 1&2. but that was only at one house. the house that i bowl at on thursday nights, oh my...lane one is ON TOP of the wall. everytime you shoot the 10 your kicking the wall. but since we don't have a full house, we voted not to use that pair(:

Jord_84
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
ane one is ON TOP of the wall. everytime you shoot the 10 your kicking the wall. but since we don't have a full house, we voted not to use that pair(:
ewww!
I shot at a 10 lane house like that back in high school. That center was a shoe box...plus on top of that...they had the old school, above-lane, ball returns. So no matter where you were in the house...either you'd be kicking the wall, or the track for the ball return. It was a nightmare!

StormGirl712
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
yeah, that house is only 24 lanes, but one of the nicest bowling alleys jacksonville has to offer. oh, and the only way to strike there is not to flush pocket. you mainly just hit light and it will strike all day. haha.

Seamistlark
09-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Mine would be bowlers that put 2-3 balls up on the rack during league. On a 5 man team that about fills the rack to start with.

Stormed1
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree with the MIA bowler. And as Illinois is no smoking in the building it happens all too frequently. Another is in the winter the people who do not remove their snow covered shoes before coming into the lane area. Last but not least is the screaming obscenities at the pins. Especially in mixed leagues where there are kids around. Oh yea i forgot beating up equipment ( ball returns, scoring monitors,chairs,etc.) because you made a bad shot

branstew
09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree with the MIA bowler. And as Illinois is no smoking in the building it happens all too frequently. Another is in the winter the people who do not remove their snow covered shoes before coming into the lane area. Last but not least is the screaming obscenities at the pins. Especially in mixed leagues where there are kids around. Oh yea i forgot beating up equipment ( ball returns, scoring monitors,chairs,etc.) because you made a bad shot

Now this I agree with all the way

Jamski
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
All of the above...plus the music our house plays. Whatever the current pop pap is, it's awful. I'm sure my Dad said the same thing in 1974 when I was a youth bowler, but there you go. Some of it is downright filthy and not age appropriate for an adult/youth league...and if I hear Britney's digitized voice whine, "You're a womanizer, womanizer, womanizer..." ad nauseum one more time I believe I will boot. :rolleyes:

Jord_84
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
All of the above...plus the music our house plays. Whatever the current pop pap is, it's awful. I'm sure my Dad said the same thing in 1974 when I was a youth bowler, but there you go. Some of it is downright filthy and not age appropriate for an adult/youth league...and if I hear Britney's digitized voice whine, "You're a womanizer, womanizer, womanizer..." ad nauseum one more time I believe I will boot. :rolleyes:

hahaha.
The house I bowled at last year kept playing "The Chipmunks" Christmas album over and over again....every week....all winter long...

branstew
09-11-2009, 03:23 PM
hahaha.
The house I bowled at last year kept playing "The Chipmunks" Christmas album over and over again....every week....all winter long...

On no hope you did not go mad:D

Cuda
09-20-2009, 03:02 PM
During league play it's bowlers that are slow getting to the approach when it's their turn to bowl. I bowl at 9pm and I get up at 4:30am

During practice, it used to be bowling next to kids, but I have learned to use the distraction to work on my concentration.

Agreed 100%

Stormed1
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
A few
1. Waiting on bowlers who have to go out and have a smoke break
2.Bowlers who take forever on the approach before delivweing the ball
3. bowlers who stand aroung in line for practice yacking away instead of throwing the ball

Strike Domination
09-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Another pet peeve is calling me a sandbagger unless I know you well(in which case I know it's a joke). Sorry, I have no tolerence for being associated with that term. There was a guy that mentioned my team was sandbagging, and I said "I'm not able to, I'm coming in with a 204 average." He responded "You have 130 in the 8th" and I said "What, I'm not allowed to just bowl bad? There's a difference." He shut up.

messenger87
09-26-2009, 01:25 AM
I cannot stand it when your in a league. Especially an adult league and people don't know or respect lane courtesy. Seriously?! Come on it is simple. If someone is up there bowling. Don't get on the approach. It is that simple. It really gets me everytime.

sparesr4sissies
09-26-2009, 12:48 PM
#1 is definitely people walking in with snow covered shoes.
#2 would have to be people expecting 2-3 lane courtesy.

Cuda
09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
sandbaggers....plain and simple