PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever SandBagged or been Accused of Sandbagging?

The KingPin
09-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Hello Bowlers and Sandbaggers...

Ok some of us just start out slow, others purposely sandbag.

What are your thoughts of this?

Have you ever been accused of sandbagging and what did you do?

If you have sandbagged, tell us why?

ebowler
09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm so against sandbagging! I have had team members sandbag when we had to set at the beginning of a league, and I have let them know my feelings.

We all have nights when we just can't miss, and when setting, you really don't want that kind of night. So if I'm have to set an average, I "manage" my score, and try to keep it at my current average. I don"t consider this Sandbagging, because I'm not trying to set a lower average then I'm currently holding in another league or in practice.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
its funny that is thread came up... just last night i was accused of it..lol... it didnt help that i went 144 148 192 for a 161 average... oops bad night... but this was in a center i had never shot very well in.

Stormed1
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Years ago i started league out w/768 so i had -43 for handicap.I told the secretaary that they needed to eliminate the neg handicap as it only promoted sandbagging. the most handicap i got all year was -11 first night we lost 5 ponts. shot same score last night of league and we won the league by 8 pins

StormGirl712
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
its funny that is thread came up... just last night i was accused of it..lol... it didnt help that i went 144 148 192 for a 161 average... oops bad night... but this was in a center i had never shot very well in.

lame excuse! but then again that was partially my fault for telling you the shot was dry, but where i play it technically is dry. haha...

Graaille
09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Not yet good enough to sandbag, but there are those days when all the planets are in alignment and I do far better than my normal average......

Strike Domination
09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah, definitely! You can tell because I "started with the front four on a 187 average." Ooooooooh.

Seriously, I don't sandbag. I have bad nights and then sometimes I'm actually able to take advantage of the handicap.

Woody
09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I get it all the time it seems like. I'm a 180ish bowler and sometimes I roll in the mid 600's or low 700's. That's when it usually happens.

Woody

JaxBowlingGuy
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Well i didnt help my cause..lol this past thurs for my scratch league we bowled next to part of the team that i shot the above scores against.. But this time in the different league i went 213-288-199 for 700... lol

psaunders300
09-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I usually average between 210 and 220 and I have some good nights and bad nights like everyone else. I NEVER sandbag, always trying to my best regardless.

I do not get accused of sandbagging outright, but I get questioned every now and then by some of the other higher averaged bowlers in my leagues, "Why do you always bowl so good against me?" I just laugh and tell them the competition brings out the best in my game, which it does as I always bowl good when facing better bowlers.

topper
09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I also average between 210-220, so when I have a bad night I get some ribbing about sandbagging. They are not serious because I have bowled on my leagues for a minimum of 10 years each and they all know me. I love the young "Hot Shots" that come in new to a league see me have a bad night and think "We got those old men next week. We will kill them." Then, I pop out a nice 750 or so. =) No, I do not sandbag. Too many jackpots to lose.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM

Well tonight was my 2nd week and it was alot better, but here comes the quiet snickers.. I went 230, 223, 189 to raise the average 26 pins to 187.. Hopefully will be at 200+ next week

branstew
09-14-2009, 02:21 AM
We had our first night of sunday league and after bowling in a comp all day my concertration was lacking and I was 23 pins down on average and sandbagging came out, I just would not do that I have worked hard to get my average I am not going to lose it

mrbill
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Most of the time I go and bowl in my leagues even if my back is tight and hurts, that seems to keep my avg down a bit.
But I don't bowl in Tourneys unless i'm feeling good. (I don't like to waste $$$) I don't think theres that much difference but I would hate for some one to call me a sand Bagger and not be kidding.