PDA

View Full Version : Ball Spinners: Good, Bad, & the Ugly

ebowler
09-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I ordered a ball spinner from Innovative Bowling Products, and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with their 2 speed table top model.

After a lot of reading about bowling balls and proper maintenance, I believe a spinner is an important part of a good arsenal.

I would love to hear from members that have a spinner, or plan to buy one. Do you like it, do you use it, how often do you do a lite resurface, and how often do you do a full resurface.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I have the Largest Vortex spinner and it works very well. I will be replacing it with a Donkee though when it gives out.. I really dont completely resurface until the ball either gets damaged or is really old... If i buy a ball off ebay I will usually give it a light resurface down to 500 usually..

JaxBowlingGuy
09-12-2009, 09:51 PM
this is my spinner

ebowler
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
My thoughts are, if I do a good cleaning after each round of league and practice, and hot water baths every so often, I can do lite resurface every 50 games or so.

I thought I would start at 500 - 1000 and work up to what I want the final surface to be. Then I can do a good high speed polish to bring back the OOB finish for my polished balls.

What I think I will like about it is that I can change the surface to suit the lanes.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Thats the best part about having your own spinner is making those minor surface adjustments.. cleaning the ball using the spinner really helps.. My virtual gravity has never been touched with a sanding pad.. I have put close to 120+ games on it.. I just keep it clean and it hasnt had damage.. It still hooks just as much now as it always has.. I did the hot water about 30 games ago and that really brought it back to life.. So unless you see scratches in your track area i wouldnt set a "schedule" to do it every 50 games.. just keep it clean and you will be fine.

Motiv Girl
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I have had my Innovative 2 speed for 11 years.It's used a least 3 times per week and not for just
one hit of sanding.It's been used over and over again.Factor in the cost saved each week,and
you will see a large saving the first year alone.A spinner is well worth the price.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I have had my Innovative 2 speed for 11 years.It's used a least 3 times per week and not for just
one hit of sanding.It's been used over and over again.Factor in the cost saved each week,and
you will see a large saving the first year alone.A spinner is well worth the price.

VERY worth it.. figure a resurface is $20-$30 at a shop and like $5 to polish and/or sand... It will add up quick.. and your equipment will love you :-)

bowl1820
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I have two innovative spinners.
The Innovative Personal Spinner IPS-4 which must be the smallest table top spinner around it's a 1/4 hp. Bought it in 1996 still works, I had to replace a small plastic gear twice over the years, but they replaced it for free both times.

I also have a pro-shop tub mount one. Innovative cost more, but they make a good product.

Stormed1
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
My inovative spinner is only a 1 speed but i have used it for 14 years so far with absolutly no problems. I use it every day for a couple hours a day

ebowler
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all the feed back, it sounds like I made a good choice.

I only wish my budget would have allowed for the tube mounted option. Seeing Roberts set-up, I will be purchasing a utility sink to set the spinner in.

JaxBowlingGuy
09-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the feed back, it sounds like I made a good choice.

I only wish my budget would have allowed for the tube mounted option. Seeing Roberts set-up, I will be purchasing a utility sink to set the spinner in.

For sure! it gets messy and if you dont have it in something it will be alllll over!

JaxBowlingGuy
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
also bowlingball.com has some shop type towels and some polish towels.. I put the link below.. I bought them since they were cheap and was surprised at how well they work and how many you get.. They can be reused if you want as well..

Towels (http://www.bowlingball.com/brunswick-3-x-wax-buff-towel-2-x-washable-dispos-a-bowl-towel-bowling-combo.html)