PDA

View Full Version : Ball placement lesson from Norm Duke

Motiv Girl
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
This video is from Norm Duke.It is from Coach Bill Halls site Next Level Bowling.
Please visit this site, as it's up and running after a 3 year absence because of Mr. Hall being out of
the country coaching.I have had numerous sessions with Mr Hall, and I can tell you he is one of the very
best coaches, if not the best in the world.Please visit this site.

http://www.nextlevelbowling.com/page.php?page_id=9

Bill Hall moves his coaching and consulting operation to San Antonio, Texas
Coaching
BillHallNextLevelBowling_small.jpgOne of the premier bowling coaches in the world is moving his home base to Texas.

In August, former PBA ball driller, tour rep and more recently international coach Bill Hall will move his coaching and consulting operation into Jamie Brooks’ Bandera Super Bowl in San Antonio.

Hall, 49, has called Las Vegas home since his bowling career began as a ball driller at the famous Showboat Lanes in 1977, but over the years, he has traveled extensively representing ball companies, consulting and designing bowling balls, conducting coaching clinics, and coaching several national teams, most recently in the United Arab Emirates in 2008.

From 1980-88, he worked with PBA Hall of Famer Larry Lichstein’s PBA Player Services operation, and earned a reputation as "The ball driller of the pros." Later, he also served as a tour representative for three different ball companies on the PBA Tour.

Other international coaching stints for Hall include Kuwait, Qatar, Russia, and Malaysia, where he met and married his wife Fika two years ago. They now have a one-year-old daughter Karissa.

As a ball designer, Hall is credited with designing the extremely successful Blue Hammer. He also worked with Norm Duke, Del Ballard and Chris Warren to form Champions ball company, and later started his own company to design and build Power Play balls.

"I’ve traveled my whole career," said Hall, "I've traveled my whole career," said Hall, "But now that I have a family, we need to settle down and establish some roots; and San Antonio is a great place to live and work. The people here are very friendly and helpful, and we thank Jamie for giving us this opportunity."

"I think Bill is perhaps the best coach of the modern game in the world," said Brooks. We are happy to have him here, and we are excited about what we can do together for bowling in the future."

Hall’s Bowling Schools will include lessons for individuals and groups of all ages and abilities. A regularly scheduled 3-4 day clinic that will be operated on a monthly or bi-monthly basis will be announced in the near future.

Subjects will include ball surfaces and dynamics, lane surfaces and oil patterns, the physical game, and much more. Hall’s email is bowlforit@yahool.com telephone number at Bandera Super Bowl is (210) 523-1716.

dougb
09-14-2009, 02:17 PM
These videos are great... chock full of good tips. Thanks for posting!

Motiv Girl
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
You are welcome.Always trying to help all of us improve.

pvellenga
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I like this series of videos. Keeps you mind on the little things that we tend to forget over time. Just imagine of you could have Norm Duke as your personal coach. I can only dream.