PDA

View Full Version : high school bowling

fireman
05-31-2008, 01:58 PM
in high school bowling isent that popular but if you start posting things about bowlling people might start to paly

mhrinko
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
My highschool has a bowilng team, and there are alot of kids on it.

The Mayor
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Bowling is the fastest growing high school sport in the country. Has been for a few years now. It's very big here in Florida.

kev3inp
05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Especially here in FL. Loads of major/minor leagues, and local stars. The Koffs, for example, and Stephanie Nation, etc. We wanted to go major/minor last year but couldn't find a rent-a-kid.

The Mayor
05-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Andrew Koff is ridiculous. Most talented bowler I've ever seen. However he's also extremely smart and I believe is going to Harvard. I love high school bowling. I bowled all 4 years of high school and coached for 3 years (2003-2006) and our teams won 4 state titles (2 boys, 2 girls). One of the most rewarding things I've ever been a part of.

the mom
05-13-2011, 09:31 AM
I was a High School coach for 10 years. I was involved in making it a recognized sport in Fl. Attended the very 1st FHSAA State Championship. It was a wonderful experience I will always treasure. It just is sad that budget cuts and the poor economy has made bowling and other sports in schools non-existent. Let's hope it will come back soon.

Alpha Heaven
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
My school just recently revived the bowling team in my freshman year (I'm a Junior currently). Sure my team may not be good but we're getting there.

tallben
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm on my high school team and went to state 2 weeks ago. the sport is very big in Wisconsin

resstealth
03-20-2012, 02:09 AM
My high school didn't get a team until 4 years after I graduated, would have loved to be a part of it.

MFein
03-20-2012, 03:20 AM
I wish our team had a better coach when I was around. I wish our county cared more about the sport. We have many enthusiasts on the sport, but once certain people move on, they lose interest due to the lack of proper construction in leagues, coaching, and support.

Timmytomma
03-21-2012, 02:10 AM
We had a bowling team, but I was never serious enough about it when I was young enough to actually make the team. I really wish I would have. Actually in some event 2 kids bowled 300's against eachother when we played another school.

billf
03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
My daughter was talked into bowling in high school by her friends shortly after we moved here. Neither of us had bowled before. She wanted to quit her freshman year due to, in her eyes, a poor average of 135. I told her she just needed to practice and wouldn't allow her to quit. She got a job at the bowling alley and I started bowling, with her teaching me, so she wouldn't have to practice alone. Her senior year she was captain of her team and went to state. When she went to college they asked her to bowl but she turned them down. Said it was too competitive and she only did it for fun. I bought her a ball in February. She had it drilled but didn't have a chance to roll it. She subbed in my Sunday morning league after not touching a ball for just over 2 years. She rolled a 679 series that day and hasn't bowled since (she works 70 hours a week, mainly second shift) but keeps getting asked to join teams. I fell in love with bowling watching and helping her. In January I even received my coaching certification. having so many people ask me for help I figured I may as well learn how to teach them correctly.

Timmytomma
04-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I really wish I had gotten as into the sport as I am now back then. I'm always trying to improve and am at the allies all the time. I'm going to do the first league since I was like 11 this summer and next fall. I'm really excited.