PDA

View Full Version : What Can a Pro Shop Do for You?

onefrombills
09-16-2009, 11:50 PM
9/13/2009

Whether you are a beginning bowler or an aspiring professional, you should be on a first-name basis with the employees at your local pro shop because they will be your go-to people for all of your bowling equipment and accessory needs.

This week, Kim Terrell-Kearney, Assistant Head Coach International Training Center, discusses how forming a relationship with pro shop professionals can benefit your game.

Stormed1
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
It has been my experience that the lower to middle average bowler is who needs the most assistance from the pro shop. Your high end bowlerss for the most part know what they want and most even know what layout they want because they have done their homework. Your lower and mid level bowlers need your expertise in ball selectiom,layout and fit. Too many times i see 120-150 average bowlers come in and want the latest and greates from manufacturer"A". At their skill level the core in that ball would do nothing but accentuate the errors and inconsisyancies in their release. Since many of the manufacturers will still use their high end coverstocks on some mid priced balls which are much more forgiving of the inconsistancies of their release. Your pro shop person knowing your game is vital for educated recomendations

mike121
11-25-2009, 04:23 AM
I saw an advertisement for a pro shop attendant position at a golf course. What are the duties that an attendant does there? The pay is 8.50 an hour...so is it really that hard to do?