PDA

View Full Version : New Old Guy!

poflobo
09-26-2009, 11:53 PM
HEY Y'ALL! Can't figure out why I'm just now finding this place.

Started back bowling in the fall league last year after nearly 25 years (long story). Boy did I get a rude awakening. I knew things had changed, but HOLY MACKEREL!:eek: A 30+ year old ball was NOT going to cut it.

Some friends fixed me up... a Super Freak, a Stomp Pearl, a plastic spare ball and a 3 ball bag. Well at least I looked like I knew what I was doing. Struggled some, but finished season with a 178 avg. Yep. I was the one with the handicap.:D

Bought a Hammer Venom, got some coaching (timing issues), joined a scratch doubles summer league, scrounged the internet for tips and finished with a 191 avg.

After 12 games this season, had a199 avg. Two weeks later... 205. Bowling way over my head! And yeah, I'm still low man with the handicap.:rolleyes:

I know I'm long winded and promise to try to keep it shorter in the future. Thanks!

Stormed1
09-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Well welcome back to the game we love . And welcome to the board

Strike Domination
09-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Congrats on your improvement so far. With any luck, maybe you'll have someone you can turn to if things ever take a dive in your ability or you feel the need to reach the next level. Sounds like you're bowling with a group of 210+ folks, but that's okay, it might make you a better bowler in the end.

NoTapNorm
09-27-2009, 08:50 AM
welcome back to the sport! I'm sure you will be back on top of your game soon. It's like riding a bike for some people...

kev3inp
09-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Welcome! A lot of us seem to have taken a break from bowling that lasted years, and when we return we find how much we love the game. Glad you're here, and don't worry about being long winded. I know I am. :)

poflobo
09-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Congrats on your improvement so far. With any luck, maybe you'll have someone you can turn to if things ever take a dive in your ability or you feel the need to reach the next level. Sounds like you're bowling with a group of 210+ folks, but that's okay, it might make you a better bowler in the end.

Thanks to everybody!

S.D. you're right. Our avgs. are: mine 205, the others 206, 206, 212, 217. Total of 10 pins handicap.

Haha. It does make me bowl better... too darn competitive! I use that little known style of bowling called Osmosis. The better they bowl... the better I bowl. Great bunch of guys.

branstew
09-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome back and nice average to start again with