PDA

View Full Version : Two Handed Bowling

ctc1389
09-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Hello I have been bowling for 2 years now and recently picked up bowling two handed. I would like to know if I have to set a new average if my right hand is still my dominate hand and what are the usbc rules on two handed. Also can I start using it in my leagues that i currently bowl in if i have been using one hand

Stormed1
09-29-2009, 12:20 AM
As far as i know as long as the hand that is "in" the ball is the same you do not have to establish a seperate average. The seperate average only applies when changing the dominant hand

Strike Domination
09-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Bill is right, you do not have to establish a new average since you're using the same hand in the ball. The only other rules to be concerned about is the gripping holes. You don't have to use all the holes but you have to be able to prove that you could use them I think. I believe your hand has to cover the thumb hole.

ctc1389
09-29-2009, 12:31 AM
i sent a email to usbc to get more confirmation but another thing this was getting protested last year if u start two handed can u go to one handed to pick up spares?

Strike Domination
09-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, I've seen people do that.

Stormed1
09-29-2009, 05:12 AM
Thats one of the things i think USBC should chamge. If your a two hander you should have to shoot your spare the same way. But untill they do you can shoot them one handed

ecub
10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
IME, USBC should establish a rule where 2 handed should have a separate HC. I know a bowler in a league, who normally bowls right hand ONLY. Just recently, he switched over to 2 handed, therefore increasing his handicap.