PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam?

Seamistlark
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
has anybody out there been approached by a company called "Primerica"? It seems like a multi-level marketing thing and I'm a little concerned about what they are asking. They seem to be pushing "Term Life" and something called a S.M.A.R.T. loan.:confused:

CHuesman81
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Having worked with Primerica before i can tell you that they are a legitimate company. No Scam. They are owned by Citi.
Yes they do sell Term Life insurance, and the SMART program is a debt elimination program. They also have a new debt watchers program, that i hear is a great thing.

When you say Multilevel marketing, think about "big business" in general. Bigger at the bottom and a few people at the top. Thats the way most everybusiness is built. Only in Primerica, there are endless spots at the "top" and everyone has the chance to get there.

Term Life Insurance is what the company was built on, but have branched out into other financial sectors... Such as investments and mortgages.... The SMART program you mentioned is a debt elimination program that is amazing if you qualify for it.

It is a business that requires time and hard work, and dedication. If you quit easily its not for you. It is a business that requires time and a lot of effort, but can be very financially rewarding. It has big money potential.

That being said, i no longer work with the company. I did not give/make the time neccessary to make the business work for me. But the business does work if you work it.

Here is the link to the ripoffreport.com investigation and comments from the home office in duluth,GA...... copy & paste

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Financial-Services/Rip-off-Report-Inves/rip-off-report-investigation-9cp7d.htm

I hope this helps... it worth at least having a look at

psaunders300
09-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a couple friends that are in it - it seems legit, but it sounds too much like a Pyramid organization where the more people you recruit into the program the more you will make from their sales. One of my friends tried to convince me to join or buy insurance and other investment products from him, but I am covered through other policies and have my debt under control and investments manged by T.Rowe Price.

mike121
09-30-2009, 05:19 AM
oh yea its a scam . There the ones making that money ripping people off .. If this was true then everbody be rich even myself but unfurnatley its not .. They usually ask you for a credit card or debit card for a fee of 2.95 to 6.00 dollars to get started . Dont be fooled and read all the fine print and click on the terms and conditions link on the bottom of page cause eventually they will be taking out lik