PDA

View Full Version : Wrist and release help

extraacount
10-01-2009, 12:14 AM
I was wondering if my wrist is too weak to pull off a proper release because my furious right now is not hooking a lot. Like a couple of boards 3 - 4. So i read some posts and some people say that having a strong wrist can give you a lot of revs. Is that true? and does anyone know any articles that gives tips about releases?

Graaille
10-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Proper release is not a synonym for lots of hook. There are very accurate bowlers that maybe hook the ball 3-10 boards max. That being said, a stronger wrist/forearm will allow you to stay/get under the ball further so that you can get more revolutions on the ball - helping you load the wrist to make a bigger unloading of the wrist. This will in turn allow your 3-4 boards of hook to turn into 7-8 boards of hook, provided other factors aren't in the way - more oil, spotty backends, ball burning up in the heads, etc.....

extraacount
10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Haha, your right, a proper release doesnt mean more hook. I'm guess im not thinking things through when i post stuff here. What i meant is that i want a proper release that gives me more hook but i dont know if i have the wrist strength or if the release im doing now is right.