PDA

View Full Version : Dorin-Ballard Moves on at USWO

onefrombills
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
LAS VEGAS - Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of Keller, Texas, took out fellow Team USA member Lynda Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, to advance at the 2009 U.S. Women's Open, a United States Bowling Congress event.

Dorin-Ballard defeated Barnes, 258-225, to join Tammy Boomershine of North Ogden, Utah, and Shannon Pluhowsky of Phoenix in the semifinals, scheduled to air Oct. 18. The final semifinalist will be determined in the telecast scheduled to air Oct. 11.

After leaving a 10 pin in the opening frame, Dorin-Ballard rattled off six consecutive strikes to pull away from Barnes. Four 10-pin leaves in the first eight frames kept Barnes from staying close to Dorin-Ballard.

"First of all, I was bowling against Lynda Barnes and she's no slacker, so I knew I had to be on my game," Dorin-Ballard said. "I hate bowling against one of my friends, but on the lanes, it's all business out there."

To reach the quarterfinals, Barnes defeated Colombian native Clara Guerrero, 218-164.

The final three players will battle for the last spot in the championship round next week on ESPN. The next show, scheduled to air on Oct. 11 at 2 p.m. EDT, features Liz Johnson, Shannon O'Keefe and Missy Bellinder.

2009 U.S. WOMEN'S OPEN

At Sunset Station's Strike Zone Bowling Center, Henderson, Nev.

(7) Lynda Barnes, Double Oak, Texas, def. (10) Clara Guerrero,

Pflugerville, Texas, 218-164

(2) Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, Keller, Texas, def. Barnes, 258-225