PDA

View Full Version : In a slump

Drano
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
My first 3 weeks of my new league, 8 of my 9 games were above 200. The 4th and 5th weeks, 0 of my 6 games were above 200.

So what do YOU do when you are in a slump? how do you analyze your game to see what you're doing wrong?

JaxBowlingGuy
10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I personally don't do anything different or special... I just know that I'll come ou of it.. If you stress about it you will just fall deeper into it.. So just relax, forget about the past and just bowl like you know how to

Stormed1
10-05-2009, 12:37 AM
First thing is to look why you were under 200. Were you missing spares? Not carrying? Laeving splits? Were scores down throughout the league? Did the shot change and you not adjust properly? How much under were you? Remember 200 is clean with a double so if you have one open now you need 2 double or a 3 bagger. It may be nothing.

Iceman
10-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Don't over think anything - slumps are just that - we have a bad night - not adjusting as stated above correctly, modified shot carry situation. If your slammin the pocket, and just don't score right, does that qualify for a slump? I would rather roll the ball and be close to pocket and score bad - then roll like crap and carry everything and score good. Maybe that's just me. I judge my nights on ball roll, break point consistency and spare shooting. It's a long season, gotta be in the area to add +5 to my avg this year. 1 night not going to do it either ;)

Stormed1
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Ny feeling are just like Iceman above. There are plenty of times that the answer to the question "how did you bowl?" is I bowled well, just didn't score well. As far as personal satisfaction i would rather throw the ball good and shoot 560 than throw the ball like crap and shoot 670. Other than the fact that the latter would be better for the team. As stated above don't overthink.

WhirligigHD
10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Ny feeling are just like Iceman above. There are plenty of times that the answer to the question "how did you bowl?" is I bowled well, just didn't score well. As far as personal satisfaction i would rather throw the ball good and shoot 560 than throw the ball like crap and shoot 670. Other than the fact that the latter would be better for the team. As stated above don't overthink.

Awesome! It's like the major leaguers...they all slump (and get paid to slump) but know they will come out of it. When it happens to me, I try a different line altogether to mix it up.

poflobo
10-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Drano, I know how you feel. I've been averaging over 200 until 2 weeks ago when I shot 512. Couldn't hit my butt with both hands! I missed a few spares, but generally was throwing the ball well. Pocket hits were just not carrying. Every man on the team shot way off their normal scores. Our lanes were very spotty and not consistent.

Last week... different story. Lanes were so sloppy, I had to shoot straight down, outside of first arrow to get the ball to finish. Finally got back to my normal shot near end of second game and 3rd game was a 267... 655 series. Team finished with 3387 scratch.

Don't beat you brains out over a bad shot or game. Forget it and concentrate on the next one. It ain't always you that's the problem.

mike121
11-25-2009, 05:56 AM
I've been in a couch sitting, dorito eating slump for a couple of months now. Can I still tell myself it's just a slump, or has it become something worse?

gparks
11-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I as well have been slumping,ive just been able too get lucky to only go 3 pins under my average when it started.shots have been dry due to the furnaces firering up at the center i bowl in,they are working on getting it right,but that should not be an issue i should be able to adjust and fix it.

i had a similar thread and was told to relax not over think,i agree with this advice.went at lunch yesturday and rolled 2 decent games felt good found the pocket quick and did ok.just wish i could bowl thursday.

dang you thanksgiving!! just playing hope you all have a great turkey day.

Drano
11-25-2009, 11:52 AM
i'm over the slump now, still don't know what went wrong, but for the most part its better :D

gparks
11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
i'm over the slump now, still don't know what went wrong, but for the most part its better :D

good times :) it would be better if you didnt know what ya did wrong,just more to remeber lol

mike-boogie
11-25-2009, 11:08 PM
knew that wouldn't be long! As much as I see u at the lanes, you'll be gettin 300 in no time! lol. Hey, u bowlin the tourney on friday? I'll be there. I know, I gotta come say hi! lol. I will. ttyl

Drano
11-26-2009, 12:05 AM
knew that wouldn't be long! As much as I see u at the lanes, you'll be gettin 300 in no time! lol. Hey, u bowlin the tourney on friday? I'll be there. I know, I gotta come say hi! lol. I will. ttyl

of course! I'm resting my hand today and tomorrow, over the last 6 days i've bowled around 20 hours worth of practice and it's pooped! but my accuracy's improved 10-fold over the practice!

mike-boogie
11-26-2009, 12:40 AM
I saw u bowling with ur left hand. Looked pretty good! lol. I think this is my best chance to place good being in an under 149 avg division. Been practicing all week. Maybe 2moro too! lol. good luck!

Drano
11-26-2009, 02:54 AM
I saw u bowling with ur left hand. Looked pretty good! lol. I think this is my best chance to place good being in an under 149 avg division. Been practicing all week. Maybe 2moro too! lol. good luck!

lol ya, ive been fooling around with my left hand for the last month.

when i first started, my score would be like this

-- -- -7 -- -- -- -- --

yesterday i threw my first lefty 3-bagger :P