PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Aggieland!

acdunker
10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I found this site from Virtualtournaments.com and thought I would check it out. I like forums as you can find many people with experience and get help with questions.

My history with bowling: I started as a kid when my mom put me in a league when I was about 8 yrs old. I have a trophy with a high game of 168 and a 400 series just one year later. I ended up quitting after just two years as my mom had to drive 30 minutes to get there and her work schedule changed. In high school, we had a class for athletics to learn bowling and that got me interest again. I started bowling again just a couple years later when I was 18. I was a sub for a league a few times and bowled during the "glow bowl" mostly for fun for about a year where I shot my first 200 game, and rolled another one a week later. I ended up giving up the sport for a while until I took my five year old to the local alley last year. I noticed a sheet for leagues going to start and rounded up some people to make a team. One was a pure beginner, one that had bowled when he was younger, and the other had bowled in leagues like 25 years agaon, and then me. I started the season with a 154 average and worked up to a 169. I shot my highest games during the season. First a 244, and then a 255 about a month later. High series came out to 639 for my first 600 series. All in all, it was a good first season with our team as we finished 3rd in our league out of 14 teams. We bowled the summer league with replacing one member, and finished first in the match point 10 week season.

I just purchased my first brand new ball in over 10 years (Storm Virtual Energy) and am working with it after purchasing a few used ones on eBay (900 Global Bounty, Storm Gravity Shift Pro Pin CG, Storm T Road Pearl).

Now you know about me. Anyone here from around Aggieland feel free to contact me if you would like to bowl sometime.

Cuda
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Aggieland? Meaning Texas A&M? If so, sorry bout my cowboys beating you this weekend!!!

The KingPin
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Hello and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com

Please ask any questions and tell your friends.

JaxBowlingGuy
10-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I found this site from Virtualtournaments.com and thought I would check it out. I like forums as you can find many people with experience and get help with questions.

My history with bowling: I started as a kid when my mom put me in a league when I was about 8 yrs old. I have a trophy with a high game of 168 and a 400 series just one year later. I ended up quitting after just two years as my mom had to drive 30 minutes to get there and her work schedule changed. In high school, we had a class for athletics to learn bowling and that got me interest again. I started bowling again just a couple years later when I was 18. I was a sub for a league a few times and bowled during the "glow bowl" mostly for fun for about a year where I shot my first 200 game, and rolled another one a week later. I ended up giving up the sport for a while until I took my five year old to the local alley last year. I noticed a sheet for leagues going to start and rounded up some people to make a team. One was a pure beginner, one that had bowled when he was younger, and the other had bowled in leagues like 25 years agaon, and then me. I started the season with a 154 average and worked up to a 169. I shot my highest games during the season. First a 244, and then a 255 about a month later. High series came out to 639 for my first 600 series. All in all, it was a good first season with our team as we finished 3rd in our league out of 14 teams. We bowled the summer league with replacing one member, and finished first in the match point 10 week season.

I just purchased my first brand new ball in over 10 years (Storm Virtual Energy) and am working with it after purchasing a few used ones on eBay (900 Global Bounty, Storm Gravity Shift Pro Pin CG, Storm T Road Pearl).

Now you know about me. Anyone here from around Aggieland feel free to contact me if you would like to bowl sometime.

Hi and welcome to the site! Glad you found us here... You will really enjoy yourself..

If you dont mind, were your referred by someone on VT or did you just see the banner?

acdunker
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Aggieland? Meaning Texas A&M? If so, sorry bout my cowboys beating you this weekend!!!

Not really an aggie, just live here. It's ok OSU beat them. It will give them an idea to play harder teams during the first few weeks instead of the pushovers to get some wins.

acdunker
10-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I just saw the banner on VT.

poflobo
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Howdy and welcome! Sounds like you doing well. Enjoy!

kev3inp
11-08-2009, 08:47 AM
We have other members from Texas, but they seem to be absent of late. Welcome and we're happy you could join us.

acdunker
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks!